PDA

View Full Version : Completely freaking out about co poisoning??

cuppycake
23-02-13, 03:24
I literally mentioned CO (carbon monoxide) poisoning and now I'm freaking out...about half an hour after mentioning it I got a really hot face and felt like it should be really red but it's barely changed colour, I got a migraine and feeling like I can't breath. Its like nearly half 3 in the morning why am I doing this to myself!!?? I'm so scared even thouh I'm pretty sure its all in my head and means nothing :( does anyone else freak themselves out this way ugh :(

lily413
23-02-13, 04:03
How come you're worried about it?

I too am doing the 3.30 am panic but about something different.

cuppycake
23-02-13, 04:05
I started getting a head ache and mentioned about it, since then I've been worried :( makes no sense to me and its annoying me that I can't seem to shake off this feeling

lily413
23-02-13, 04:21
I really wouldn't worry about it at all. You probably had as migraine coming on anyway and the anxiety can't have helped. I often get headaches but have no temperature and look normal in the face. But if you're worried you could always get a co monitor in the morning?

cuppycake
23-02-13, 04:23
I will probably get one just so I don't panic again in the future, by now I'm sure I would be drowsey if not have fallen asleep if I really did have it :(

Anxious_gal
23-02-13, 08:01
I keep meaning to buy a carbon monoxide alarm but it always slips my mind.

It's ok scan thinking about a panic attack can bring on the panic.
See your brain reacts to your imagination just as if it were reality, which is why positive thinking n visualisation can be so helpful.

It's just the adreline response, it's totally harmless.
But maybe opening a window ccould help trick you mind into feeling safe again.

nocchi
23-02-13, 09:21
I actually had a CO leak earlier this year. I discovered it because after going down the stairs for a midnight snack I noticed this horrible burning smell coming from the boiler (my boiler is in the kitchen) now CO doesn't have a smell but it made me suspicious so I turned off the radiators because my actually gas meter was stuck and couldn't be turned off. Next thing I noticed was every time I went into the kitchen to make something to eat I'd get these bad headaches and then after retreating to my room they'd disappear after an hour or so, for the night I slept with my window open and the next day I slought help, gas guy came round, measured CO levels and turned out there was a CO leak and my suspicions were correct.

Now everything you've said can be put down to "just anxiety" but speaking from experience, a CO leak is incredibly dangerous and you should get someone round to check it out as soon as possible, if you can't get someone to check it straight away you can call the National Gas Emergency Service but they won't fix anything nor check they'll just cap your gas meter because they have to based on diagnosis of headaches until you get someone to come fix it but that way there can't be any leaks if there is one but that means no hot water until it can be fixed (if there is a CO leak).

little wren
23-02-13, 09:29
I don't want to worry anyone as I know this is a website for anxiety sufferers and sometimes we over-estimate threat etc - but take carbon monoxide seriously. It is morning now and I think if you are having doubts about your appliances buying a monitor would give you an early warning. Peace of mind will be that it is not going off. I would never live in premises that didn't have one as I have had a bad experience of it and I would never risk that again.