PDA

View Full Version : Dr want to take me off Fluoxetine :/

vixen365
23-02-13, 05:59
I've been on and off fluoxetine many times over the last 10 yrs. I just went back on in January, and this time I've had a really hard time. Normally in the past, I haven't had too much trouble with side effects. This time, I've had terrible anxiety, and extreme exhaustion. I went back to my dr to talk about how I'm feeling and she for some reason thinks I could go off of them soon. She's never done this before. Her attitude has always been - if I feel i need to go back on, then I can. If I want to go off, I can. I never really MEAN to go off of them, it just seems to happen when I start feeling better. Now I'm worried and I'm thinking of switching Dr's. It seems like a waste to me, to go through all the crap of getting over the side effects, just to wean myself off of the medication. :mad:

OncewasSupergirl
24-02-13, 13:31
Vixen,

Are they helping you to feel better? Apart from the awful side effects? Did you tell the dr you wanted to stop them? Im a bit confused? How long have you been on them this time? x x

vixen365
24-02-13, 18:12
The side effects are getting better,and they do help me feel better. I told my Dr. That I'd like to stay on them. I've been back on them for about a month.