PDA

View Full Version : Swollen around tattoo?

cassy1989
23-02-13, 21:47
I had 3 hearts added to a wrist tattoo 2 weeks ago. It all healed perfectly apart from in the middle heart I knocked it and there was a little hole in the ink but it healed ok in the end.
Any way last night I noticed that above the hearts and on the left of them my wrist is swollen like a little bump. I thought it was really really swollen but I've shown other people and they said there is only a small difference. Anyway I was wondering has any one had any thing like this?
I'm really freaking out that its some thing serious :( xx

xtremx
23-02-13, 21:55
Hi cassy1989

This is a very common thing and is nothing to worry about I have had tattoo's for over 20 years and some colours are still a little lumpy.
It is something to do with the colourant in the inks...

My sisters husband was my tatttoist and he told me this.

cassy1989
23-02-13, 23:46
Hi thank you so much for replying. Do you think its ok though that its not on the actual tattoo its more above it and at the side its swollen so it doesn't seem to be the actual colours. It actually does feel like a little pocket of fluid under the skin but it doesn't hurt, its not red either xx

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Bump xx

mikewales
24-02-13, 08:34
If you are worried at all, go back to the tattooist and ask them to check it, any decent ones will do this

cassy1989
24-02-13, 10:19
Yeah I should ask him but I've already pestered him so much with dozens of questions when my anxiety has taken over bless him lol. But on the bright side it does look less swollen today xx

mrsnobody
24-02-13, 21:55
i knocked part of my tatoo off couple of days after it was done, basicaly it healed fine no colour loss etc. it is normal for the area around a tatoo to swell but i was told to apply a clear anticeptic cream and it seemed to help within 24hrs. hope this helps

mrs way to worried
24-02-13, 22:23
Its completly normal my husvand is a tattooist , don't worry about it I always panic about mine and they r always fine xx