PDA

View Full Version : intro

mkeenan
24-02-13, 07:58
hi I have been dealing with a panic disorder for about 20 years now and i hate the attacks as much now as i did when i was 13. its now just starting to get to the point where i dont like to leave my room other than going to work. Ive been ok for the past few years but then in december one of my dogs died, i got a sinus infection and work got CRAZY busy and BANG!!! Ive had a panic attack everyday since. i can usually talk myself out of them but for some reason not anymore. my doctor tried buspar but thoughts of suicide forced me to flush that idea (I DO NOT WANT TO KILL MY SELF). i also have severe health anxiety, this is where most of my attacks come from im always worried that my palpitations are a heart attack or my respitory infection is lung cancer or i get dizzy because of a brain tumor heck i even convinced myself i had aids because i had a sore throat for more than a week. googling symptoms by the way is the worst idea ever, dont do it. :lac: . my doctor has recently given me xanax but im afraid to take it .,how dumb is that? when i started this intro i was full blown attack and now im at the ass end of it. can anyone tell if there is a difference in the writing ? anyway thats the story

Daisy Sue
24-02-13, 08:09
Hi Mkeenan, welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear how badly the anxiety is affecting you just now. If I were you I'd get brave & start the Xanax... I've just looked it up on Wiki and it seems fast acting.....

Alprazolam has a fast onset of action and symptomatic relief. Ninety percent of peak benefits are achieved within the first hour (although onset may begin at 8-25 minutes of ingestion) of using either preparation for panic disorder, and full peak benefits are achieved in 1.5 and 1.6 hours respectively.[6][7] Peak benefits achieved for generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) may take up to a week

nomorepanic
24-02-13, 08:12
Hi mkeenan

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

mkeenan
24-02-13, 08:19
thank you. i may start it tomorrow if i feel the onset of another one. maybe a half to see what happens. its funny but it seems that just talking about it in a place where you know other people REALLY KNOW whats happening has a calming effect. lol or maybe im still feeling that overwhelming sense of relief that the one i was having is over :yahoo::

---------- Post added at 03:19 ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 ----------

thank you nicola, i actually read most of them before i joined lots of great info

ricardo
24-02-13, 09:09
Hello Mkeenan

Living in Spain we have different trade names for drugs and Alprazolam is exactly what I take but is called Trankimazin. It does act very quickly very similar to Valium but it is much more powerful .What dosage where you prescribed ?

Mark13
25-02-13, 16:04
Hello and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.