PDA

View Full Version : To trust or not to trust..?

lily413
24-02-13, 10:53
As some of you have probably already seen from previous posts, I am currently having a panic about lymphoma. I am having pressure on the left side of my neck, the gland behind my left ear is a bit bigger than the one on the right side. I have recently discovered a moveable lump towards the front of my neck on the left side. I also am having pains in my armpits, particularly the left and tingling down my left arm and right leg.

But anyway, I went to the doctor this week and she said she didn't feel anything that concerned her.

So my question to you all is go you think it is safe to trust what the doctor said? If it was lymphoma would she have felt something worrying? I am very aware that my symptoms are less likely to improve if I am constantly worrying, thinking about, checking them and desperately want to just believe what the doctor said and move on, but the idea terrifies me!

Any advice, thoughts, similar experiences would be great!

Thanks so much.

lily413
24-02-13, 16:54
Anyone?

Of course my HA is telling me that no one is replying because everyone thinks it something bad!

Any responses would be gratefully received!

andrea15
24-02-13, 17:07
Im sure most people would be telling you to trust the gp, the same as they've told me for weeks. If you're not happy, go back and maybe see someone else.

Take care x