PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety

Orca83
24-02-13, 16:15
Hi guys I'm new to this site
Over recent years my health anxiety has gone sky high and live each day thinking I have cancer or are going to catch it which stems from losing some family members in recent years
I'm 30 and happily married with a gorgeous daughter and another one on the way. Over the past 6 months I thought I had a brain tumour which I had scanned and was clear had blood tests which were all fine
So when I got the all clear I was buzzing and really happy and I through that period I was undertaking cbt sessions but didn't really know whether they were helping
At the moment I seem to be getting pains in my lower stomach and urinating frequently and now loose stools and I'm petrified its something serious and of course it's pure worry
I feel like I constantly need reassurance from family members but I'm sure they see me as the boy that cries wolf
I have so many anxiety symptoms so why can't I accept it as anxiety instead of thinking that its cancer
I'm a fit young man that works manually and am a keen sports man so fircexpke I played football yesterday and felt fit as a daisy but as soon as I'm off the field I get all the ache and pains
It's so frustrating and worried constantly I thought I was managing my anxiety better but it seems that I've slipped back in to the bad old days:D

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Can anxiety really give you all these symptoms
Because googling has done me no favours only worry and panic attacks
Feel so scared at the mo!!!!

jayjoe18
24-02-13, 16:52
I really feel for you as I was the same! It's horrible thinking like this and it just consumes your whole life. It's hard to believe but anxiety does cause all these wierd symptoms, even now 3 years on I still don't understand how it can but it does! I've convinced myself of all sorts of things in the past and Google was my worst enemy! Please try not to Google (I know it's hard) but it really makes things 10x worse. You said you were going to CBT, what happened there or are you still going? I did CBT and it really helped with my health anxiety, where it used to effect me 100% it now only effects me about 5% because of the CBT.

Orca83
24-02-13, 17:08
I had a few more sessions after getting my results and didn't really keep it going as I felt so good but now I'm low again and worried I might go back
For example I've felt so panicky that I must have weed 10 times
(Sorry for being crude ) today which just heightens my worry that it's cancer I'm only 30 with everything to live for :)