PDA

View Full Version : Cancer worries

supercooper
24-02-13, 15:51
Hi, I`m new to this site and very very scared that I have cancer, I`ve suffered with HA for last 2 years and it`s getting worse.
I have 2 small daughters and it`s ruining mine and their lives. I`m constantly checking for symptoms, I have continual backache which I am convinced is lung cancer ( couldn`t be anything to do with anxiety or stress!) or the way I sleep!!
I`ve had 2 chest inf recently suffer with acid reflux and asthma and have a few times coughed up a little blood in my phlegm when having one of these acid attacks or chest infections, this has sent my anxiety sky high.
Gp is convinced it`s all linked with my problems and I would be really really poorly if I had a serious illness but I don`t believe him.
I`ve tried CBT and it hasn`t worked now trying counselling, my poor husband and mum are at their wits end with me and I just don`t know what to do it really is making me ill with all the worry and I can`t enjoy my life or my girls which makes me so sad it`s taken over my life.
Having read a few threads here I realise I`m not alone which is a little help but even now I`m sat here welling up as I just need some respite from this awful illness.
Sorry to moan on but I`m so frightened.
Thank you for reading xx

rebeccad
24-02-13, 16:23
Don't really know what to say except your not alone, that's how we all feel and we are wasting so much of our life it's horrible and no matter how many times people tell you to pull yourself together you just can't, go see your gp and maybe take some medication? Although I did take it a while back and it did help the side effects were a little horrid but soon wear off, take care x

supercooper
24-02-13, 17:16
Thank you it`s just all consuming and Im so fed up with it it`s making me feel so low and I don`t want to feel like it anymore, Gp keeps sending me on courses and mental health practitioner just gives me handouts!!! not quite sure what to expect but it wasn`t paperwork!!!:weep: x

pepperutchie
24-02-13, 18:02
i can say that you are not alone, i am going through this for the last months havent really enjoyed the holidays as i was really focused and scared,it is really ruining my life there are times that i will just cry cause somehow it releases some tension,i can feel that i have all sorts of cancers that can imagine and one more worry is that for my mammogram on tues,had pain on my breast so i want to have it checked.had a cousin whho is dying of cancer so all the imagined fears seems to linger with meevery single day it has taken over my life..

supercooper
24-02-13, 18:17
So sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope mammogram goes ok, I won`t go for chest xray etc as it starts panic attacks and then I really do think I`m dying. Why is this such a debilitating illness, it takes over everything
xx