traciec39
24-02-13, 17:02
Hi there
Just wondered if anyone else is terrified to exert themselves too much
Incase they have a heart attack.
Is it possible to bring on aches and pains when rushing
around cleaning etc?

If I'm cleaning or hoovering I can start to get little
Aches and twinges in my chest, tummy, arms etc.
I hate feeling and fearing this so much, it's no life living
like this.

Thanks xxx

nomorepanic
24-02-13, 17:24
The best thing to help prevent a heart attack is exercise though so you do need to do it to keep healthy.

Iced_diamond
24-02-13, 18:11
Hi there, whilst exercise is very good for you, it is possible to 'overdo' things. This is especially true if you haven't done exercise in a while and then all of a sudden decide to spend 5 hours pumping at the gym-your body will not be used to that sort of energy and that could have negative affects on your health. I would always say to just do as much as your happy and comfortable with-though this is easier said than done, as when I get in from a long day the last thing I want to do is my fitness dvd, BUT it's good for me, so I figure I'll do it, but take it at my own pace. If I feel like stepping it up a notch I will, if not, I won't. :) Hoovering is actually very straining. I find this as well. It's a heavy piece of machinery you have to lug around each room and then getting into all the corners and generally running it up and down the rooms is quite tiring and can cause aches and pains. I think that getting a heart attack from hoovering alone would be quite a remote occurence. You would probably have to not be very well to begin with or possibly if you're hoovering when you're 90 or so, that may not be a good idea. :) If you feel any sort of pain whilst doing any exercise (whether it's hoovering or rushing around the supermarket), just stop and take a few breathers. This should help and you'll get your breath back. Stress definitely isn't healthy and should be kept under control. :)

puppyskin
24-02-13, 19:10
Yep,exactly the same,every pain,twinge and breathlessness gets me thinking,i like walking but anxiety gets in the way of enjoyment.

Pinkbrenda2012
24-02-13, 19:41
yes I know I need to exercise but i cant bring myself to it in case I have a heart attack or even pass out. I get aches and pains all the time and I tune into them alot more than I should I think probably everyone feels the same when rushing around or begin to exercise but I just seem to home in on all the pains and make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Its horrid but it can be overcome and im going to proove.
:yesyes:

melvin
24-02-13, 20:39
hi there
i allso tune in to every body system i get from my breathing rate to a pain anywhere bang im on it and this sets off my anxiety
but i do go to the gym most days i do have trouble with watching my heart rate i can take it up to 140 150 fora bit then i get scared iv done to much and im watching and waiting for it to drop back down its a nightmare but i still go as exercise is very good for you

xvolatileheart
26-02-13, 00:00
I used to be so fit, but I hate exercising now because I feel like it takes so long for my breathing and heart rate to come down afterwards. It seems like it takes abnormally long and that really worries me. However, I'm continuing to push myself because I know it's probably just my irrational thinking!