PDA

View Full Version : Worried about bloods.

zippy
24-02-13, 19:00
I got my bloods done a week gone Thursday because I was feeling so Ill and asked him to do them to reassure me. My gp said my bloods show my liver has inflammation and he was asking me if I had just been abroad, if I had been jaundice or if I had ever been told I had hepatitis? I am getting further bloods done tomorrow and waiting for a scan.
I am worried sick because I feel so ill, I am so tired, no appetite, night sweats, losing weight, lose stools and generally feel unwell.
I have got myself having liver cancer but I was thinking would my other bloods have been abnormal if i did i.e white blood cells etc?

Annie0904
24-02-13, 19:09
I am sure your other blood tests would have been abnormal if it was cancer. Like your doctor said the main cause of liver inflammation is usually hepatitis.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

viral infections can cause inflammation of the liver.

zippy
24-02-13, 19:11
Thanks Annie, you seem really lovely and have time to reply to most posts on here.
It's so hard not to worry when you have health anxiety and feel so poorly.
Can hepatitis make you feel really ill?

Annie0904
24-02-13, 19:16
Hepatitis can make you feel quite ill but so can anxiety :) I really don't think it is any thing serious though. Like I said the other blood tests would have shown it and your doctor would have acted quickly and had a scan done straight away. I think most of your symptoms will be more to do with anxiety :)

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Oh and Zippy that was really nice of you to say that about me, Thank you.

zippy
24-02-13, 19:22
If this is just anxiety this time I need to seriously sort myself out because it's ruining my life.

Annie0904
24-02-13, 19:27
I am not saying all your symptoms will be anxiety, some may be from the liver inflammation but I think when we get anxious about a physical problem it causes more symptoms and it becomes a vicious cycle :( Hopefully you will get the scan done soon and then you can be more reassured :) :hugs:

zippy
24-02-13, 19:31
Thank you. Hopefully it won't be too long. The bloods should be back a few days later.

Annie0904
24-02-13, 19:35
Let me know how you get on :hugs:

zippy
24-02-13, 20:26
Ok I will thanks.

cattia
24-02-13, 21:54
Is there a chance you could have glandular fever? A friend of mine had this recently. She had liver inflammation, a sore throat, fever and generally feeling unwell. I think her white blood cell count was very high as well though. She was ill for a couple of months but is back to normal now. She also got sent for scans and further tests before they figured out what the problem was.

zippy
24-02-13, 22:04
I had glandular fever when I was 18 I am 43 now. My gp mentioned a virus can cause it.