PDA

View Full Version : Exercise\losing weight and anxiety ?

lashes
24-02-13, 20:30
Hiya just wondering if anyone thinks losing weight exercising and eating healthier makes any difference to anxiety and panic attacks my cbt therapist said it could help especially eatin healthily more regularly but ever since I have had these problems I've put on 3 stone which is so much and I know I feel not confident which makes me not want to go out as much but I seem to just comfort eat ? Any advice or opinions x

Edie
25-02-13, 10:41
At worst, it can do no harm mentally, and help pysically. There is a lot of evidence for exercise lifting mood, so it's definitely worth a try. As your weight is adding to your self-confidence difficulties, it sounds like it could definitely help in that regard.

You don't have to go all out marathon training. Just trying to make some healthier substitutions to your diet and take some gentle exercise would make a difference.

lashes
25-02-13, 10:58
Thanks :) I keep attempting it and doing well but when I have a anxious or down day I give up because in my mind i think it dosent matter what you look like life's always going to be awful which is difficult as before this i was always getting my hair nails and everything done and i loved shopping but since gaining weight I've stopped all that and clothes shopping just upsets me, my partner has just got me a wii fit I think it's called lol so I'm going to have a go today x

arg13
26-02-13, 11:51
since having mind problems ive started eating uber regularly, healthy, exercising loads and quit smoking and generally improving my physical body... and it hasn't done anything for my mood... i dont get the endorphins or things like that but i'm still hoping it might suddenly kick in. At the very least it gives me something to do in the evenings rather than lying around the house feeling sorry for myself...
but if weight is a factor for u then go for it! if u put the time in then ull get what u deserve and u will start to love ur body again just be prepared for spending more money on clothes again!

tamo
26-02-13, 13:07
Losing excess weight and eating healthier surely must help our overall well being.
I put on 3 st in a year and now attempting to lose it , not easy though . :huh:

Jenwales
26-02-13, 13:42
exercise is a good stress release and the endorphins help anxiety and stress