PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had ct with contrast?

andrea15
24-02-13, 20:40
Got mine tomorrow. Not sure what to expect. Made mistake of Googling side effects and now more scared.

Any comments or advice?

nomorepanic
24-02-13, 21:07
I have had a few yes

Never had any side-effects or anything though.

What would you like to know?

andrea15
24-02-13, 21:16
I read awful side effects. Radiation burns, throat closing, pain, rashes. I guess its only a small percentage. Mine is chest, where were yours? Also can I drive after? My letter doesn't say.

Thanks

nomorepanic
24-02-13, 21:24
Nope never had any of those and never heard of anyone that has either.

Mine were abdomen. Yes you can drive afterwards.

andrea15
24-02-13, 21:49
Thank you Nicola. Feel happier now. Just hope I get clear results and can stop incessant worrying.

nomorepanic
24-02-13, 22:04
You may not get the results tomorrow - they are usually sent to the doctor.

andrea15
24-02-13, 22:15
Yes. I was assuming Id have to make an appointment with her to get the results. Going to be a tense few days but at least Ill know one way or the other. Really hoping and praying they dont find anything sinister.

Daisy Sue
24-02-13, 22:27
Yes I've had a few, and like Nicola, for abdo investigations. I've never had a bad experience with a CT scan, the worst bit is the taste of the stuff I had to drink beforehand, but that's improved over the years, and then when they give you the injection when the scan's about to start, you feel a quick rush of heat, and it makes you want to go for a wee momentarily! :D

But that's it - it's a doddle, compared to some investigations I've had.

macc noodle
24-02-13, 22:32
My hubby had two ct scans on his head - one with contrast - and our hospital advises a 10 day wait time until the results are with your GP - so dont worry if it is not as fast as you think - his came back fine and it was indeed a 10 day wait before gp had them on the system.

good luck

luvlifensmile
25-02-13, 03:33
i had one done for my head before surgery...the only thing i experienced was the rush of warmth but it only lasted for 20 seconds and it was definitely a weird sensation and it did make me feel like i had to pee,,i even had to look at my pants when it was over just to be sure i didn't :) no need to worry

andrea15
25-02-13, 08:05
Thank you everyone. Dont know if results may be quicker as its a private clinic. Hope I dont have to wait too long and results are good. Had no pain for a week. If it was the big C why would it go away? Will know soon I guess

X