PDA

View Full Version : Life choices

W.I.F.T.S.
08-09-06, 12:13
When I first got into this mess I made a series of rash decisions: I moved to London without a proper job, I quit a job because I was in a panic about getting my finances sorted with the bank, I took a job that I knew I'd hate......

I feel that at the moment I'm not really being true to myself and doing the things that I want to do, but that I'm sitting tight because I'm too scared to put myself out there.

I'm really weighing up quitting my current job because it makes me feel ill, but if I left i know that I'd have greater financial problems because I'd be earning less.

I'd love to have someone in my life to offer advice. My family are critical rather than constructive, telling me the things that I'm doing wrong rather than what I can do that's right. I ask my mrs for advice, but she doesn't know what to suggest.

I try and imagine what I would advise myself if I was someone really sensible and (for once) I think that I'm doing it: I'm volunteering to try and develop skills and experience and to meet new people and I've got a meeting this afternoon with personnel to discuss my difficulties with them and to hopefully come up with a few solutions.

It's the sort of thing that someone really sensible (maybe a bit idealistic too) would suggest and most people would think 'nah', especially as my company doesn't seem to care, but I'm doing it and I'm really glad. I've felt so close to walking out recently and I can't afford to do that.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

net
08-09-06, 13:52
once you've had your meeting it might help you with your decision. but if you really dont feel right in the job get out my advice such as it is would be to stick it out but look for another job which is more what you want to do once you've found one quit the one your in now.

my friends husband was having so much trouble with his job but with a mortgage and a child to support couldnt afford to be unemployed so he looked for another job and used his days off to go to interviews then when he'd got one he gave notice and now he's happier

not sure if this will help you

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past