PDA

View Full Version : Really scared

jillyb
24-02-13, 21:51
I have a dental appt tomorrow for a really worrying tooth problem. I saw a dentist a few weeks ago and had antibiotics but the infection is back. The dentist I saw said the tooth would have to come out (which will cause major problems as it is part of a bridge)and my normal dentist (that I am seeing tomorrow) said a couple of years ago that he would have to refer me to the hospital. I don't know why so am really scared - in fact, petrified as I am so frightened of anything medical, esp hospitals.

I am in a terrible state and have taken 2mg of diazepam but I don't know how often I can take it. It says 1 to 2, 3 times a day - if I just take one can I take another after 4 hours (which is when it seems to stop working).

I am worried that the antibiotics haven't worked and am getting into a state about that too. My work colleague had tooth abscess problems and they found she had leukemia and now she has died and that's all I can think about.

I saw my gp because I just can't cope with this health anxiety and he wants me to have more cbt - I know it all in theory but can't put it into practice when the s... hits the fan! I feel very depressed and scared.

Confused&scared
24-02-13, 22:01
I really feel your pain I have had 2 terrible periods of dental pain because of abscesses and I have a terrible fear of dentists now (especially since one stupid dentist removed the wrong tooth!!!)

You don't have leukaemia so please don't worry, you would have other symptoms if you did, please try not to worry, I know easier said than done x good luck at the dentist x