PDA

View Full Version : got it booked

mrs way to worried
24-02-13, 22:27
I've got my dentist appointment booked for wednsday to have my mouth guard fitted cause I clench but I want to ask him about a hard small pea sized lump at the back of my cheek and a swollen salivary gland ,when ever I eat I can feel my cheek filling with saliva and it aches for ages after I think it may be a stone but I'm so scared its a tumour has anyone ever had one ?? I've also got my hypnotherapy booked for the 7th fingers crossed it helps xx

EmilyK83
25-02-13, 08:38
Getting the appointment is the first massive step - congratulations! Hope all goes smoothly on Weds, and would be interested to hear if the hypno works! x

mrs way to worried
25-02-13, 10:30
im really excited about it but in a really bizzar way im scared if it works that i wont notice any symptoms and ill miss something , ill post on here when i have had it done xx

Confused&scared
25-02-13, 10:39
is it at night that you clench? what symptoms does it give you? I think I'm doing it at night, I know I'm grinding as hubby keeps telling me to shut up!!

mrs way to worried
25-02-13, 11:00
lol i have lots of symptoms ,jaw pain tooth pain ,ear fullness ,headaches ,neck pain ,shoulder pain ,a website that really helped is tmj hope give it a look its amazing how many problems it gives u theres a list on there and lots of support like how to talk to your dentist and doctor ect hope it helps xx

FR14
25-02-13, 11:35
Hi,

I notice that i clench too! Mine isn't just at night, I am doing it right now sitting at my desk. I try not to but its like I don't know how not to clentch haha.

I too suffer from headaches, neck and shoulder tension- I reckon they are all related to the clenching, although I know I have bad posture at work so it could be that too?!

Good luck, I am sure the glad is nothing to worry about, it is probably due to the clenching if its in your cheek?!

FR x

ricardo
25-02-13, 11:48
We all clench or grind our teeth when asleep,some more than others and it's usually a case of anxiety and can cause lots of problems.

My daughter having seen countless doctorss primarily about a constant migraine and photo phobia (9 months) was finally diaganosed with the migraine coming from her jaw and has now had a special guard fitted and it is already beginning to help.

I myself grind my teeth and get quite painful jaw ache which can last for days .