PDA

View Full Version : I have given in !!

tara
08-09-06, 12:31
Hyia all xxxx

I have given in to the fact that "i am an anxiety sufferer".
After giving up medication last year I felt I had made progress and that anxiety was behind me, I was wrong.

For a few months now I have felt it creeping back up on me but dealt with it but recently it has been getting the better of me and I have given in and visited my doctor today.

She has perscribed me mirtazapine and old anti depressent as I told her I didn't like the effects on the new ssri's. Also I have been given diazipam to take as and when needed.

Out of this there is some good news !!!! She has put me forward for councilling.....I can't believe it !!!! I am so pleased !!!! I believe councilling is the way forward as I have seen so many times on here. I am really looking forward to this.

There were all the usual questions......do you know what started this episode?.....WELL no I don't if I did I could make some headway into solving it myself.

I had to put this down as I have no-one else to tell or turn too. My new b/f completley dismisses anxiety and believes a good talking to of pull yourself together will fix it [Duh!]

Thanks for listening

Tara xxxx

Smile...it confuses people.

kate H
08-09-06, 12:52
Glad to hear you are sounding positive about it all. This doesnt mean you have been defeated by anxiety, if going back on meds is gonna make u feel better than so be it.
I want councelling too i believe it is the way forward

Take care

x

****You can never get rid of the butterflies, but you can teach them to fly in formation ****

Silly Blonde
08-09-06, 13:25
I tried to come off mirtazapine and felt like crap last month - so I started taking them again.

I also beat myself up over the fact that I have to take a tablet - I was advised to up the dose to 30mg instead of 15mg. I have tried to cope on 15mg (against my psychiatrist's advice), but I'm now worrying about whether to up them to 30mg tonight.

Maybe I should follow your lead - if we need the meds, there's nothing wrong it, we should just take them and have done with it!

SB xx

lisa smith
08-09-06, 13:50
hi tara.i started seeing an anxiety councellor about 6 months ago, and they are a great help. i recently stopped smoking, and i have started having panic attacks again. i walk round all day with a feeling of a knot in my stomach. but good look on the councelling, as they are really good.. take care.

tara
10-09-06, 08:31
Hi all

Thanks guys, I felt maybe it was a blip, but the blip was going on to long.

Silly blonde....I believe if meds help then sod it, i'm gonna take them lol
this will be my 3rd day and the only side effects I have noticed is the drowsyness. This did make me blush yesturday as I was a little drowsy and stumbled into someones pint while picking up my b/f [Oops!]

I don't know much about councilling but I believe I have an assesment first to see which way forward to go, i'm just gonna tell them everything !!!! I think it's best

Thanks again

Tara xxxx

Smile...it confuses people.

alicia123
10-09-06, 09:20
Hi Tara,

It was very brave of you to give up the meds in the first place without anything else to fall back on. I could only stop the drugs when I was halfway through my alphadynamics course, but I knew by then that it was working so it wasn't so much of a risk.

You are not an anxiety sufferer. You are a temporary anxiety sufferer.:D

I hope the counselling works for you, and give your b/f a slap around the face for me.

alicia

This helped me (so I don't go on about it!):
www.alphadynamics.com