PDA

View Full Version : Leukaemia, lymphoma, cancer scared

kirstynic
25-02-13, 06:41
Hi

So lately I have been feeling pretty horrible, just generally unwell.
I have bad bone pain mainly shoulders and mainly the left one, I get alot of pain and also tingling down my arm. I also get wrist pain mainly my right one.

I have a node behind my ear that has been there for a few months, had it scanned twice and doctor didn't seem worried unless it grows or get other symptoms...... Which I now have

Recurrent sore throat :( heart palpitations and breathlessness feeling. I have also had a nose bleed every day for the last 3 days, not a heavy one not even lasting half a minute or filling a tissue but still?!!!

I had bloods done two times and all was normal except my red blood cells were small? Again doctor not worried.

I have ongoing wisdom teeth issues, having them out in a month due to infection and decay, but know this cant cause all these other symptoms.

Oh and to add to my worry had an inadequate smear test result so need to get it done again.

To me all the signs are there for leukaemia or another variation :(
Sore throat, nose bleed, bone pain, generally feeling unwell.

I have doctors Wednesday but I am scared and this time think its for real, all the crying wolf in the past and this time no one will listen :(

flatterycat
25-02-13, 08:30
Hey there
I think I've spoken to you before when you reassured me about a previous health worry.
I just wanted to say I know how you feel, especially with the thoughts about crying wolf and this time it being real. I keep thinking I've got away with so many health concerns in the past that this one is bound to be it. My current one is also cancer based, like yours and I know that we are so tuned nto our bodies that we notice every little thing.

From what you've written it sounds like it's only you that is worried - not the docs. And you know what they are like. If they seriously think there could be something else going on they will investigate.

It's easy for me to say - I'm really struggling at the moment too and feel sick everyday with fear. I just can't seem to believe my docs.S x

kirstynic
25-02-13, 08:38
Thank you for replying. I am sorry to hear you are not doing so great. My husband just dismisses my concerns as he says we have need here before. This time I feel I genuinely have reason to worry.

I am on fluoxetine 20mg and have been for a while now so can't attribute these symptoms to that even tho my Husband blames them.