PDA

View Full Version : anxiety issues

messymess
25-02-13, 15:45
Not really sure how to go about this ..... but i will certainly try. I have started to feel gradually more anxious for about 2 years now. I used to be able to deal with it on my own, I thought I was a strong person and that could get through anything as long as I had control of my mind but now I just feel like my mind is completely out of my control.

I wake up each morning with a panic attack and I try to calm myself down but it never seems to work. I am on medication which I started 3 weeks ago but am still feeling so lost and it is keeping me from my job on occasions. I know that it takes awhile for the medication to help so I'm just hoping that reading peoples personal experiences and getting tips on how to calm myself down will keep me grounded until the meds start to really help.

Daisy Sue
25-02-13, 15:49
Hi & welcome :)

I hope the meds kick in soon and make you feel more positive, and I hope you find the forum as supportive and informative as I certainly have done... maybe spend some time reading others' similar experiences, and have a look at the links on the left, particularly the anxiety & panic ones.

nomorepanic
25-02-13, 15:55
Hi messymess

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
25-02-13, 16:06
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.