PDA

View Full Version : Faint & driving.....

Col
25-02-13, 16:33
Because I feel crap generally because of anxiety if not physically, anxiety mentally drains me at times but, just done school run & I was rushing round before hand, sorting washing out , cleaning tidying quite quickly and then got coat on and me & my little boy set off towards petrol station on way to school, so I ran out got petrol , ran inside kiosk paid , jumped back in car drove to school ~ saw daughter and she jumped in the car with her friend and her friends mum. Anyway..... I stopped to make sure the girls were strapped in turned my head to check and set of chatting then BAM faint feeling came over me! I had to stop briefly twice I felt like i was seriously going to keel over! I managed to get home but I felt an idiot, but controlled my panic because I could have seriously lost it. I hate feeling out of control and panic instantly and I just thought, keep calm and get home! I'm sooo worried think there's something seriously wrong with me & I don't want it to happen again, especially infront of others!

Anyone else experienced this????????

Annie0904
25-02-13, 16:43
I think this is all part of being a busy Mum...You said you were rushing around a lot so I am sure it is to do with that and anxiety. I was the same when I got in the car after going to the supermarket this morning and had to sit a while in the car before I set off home as I was feeling faint. :hugs::hugs::hugs: x

Col
25-02-13, 16:48
It's sooo scary and I haven't felt like that in ages, I felt really faint - awful awful, the anxiety is now setting in worrying about driving tomorrow :sad:

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Thanks Annie , I know logically I was rushing and in and out, but I'm really scared im just sat having a coffee it calms me down, I don't know if...... knowing I had other people in the car subconsciously made me feel worse and hot and cold , I'm not sure???

Annie0904
25-02-13, 16:53
I am sure it was all to do with the rushing about added to the blood rush from anxiety. It happened today but how many days has it not happened? I am sure a lot more days that it hasn't. Tomorrow is another day and it is unlikely to happen again. Try to relax a while before you go out in the car if you can (I know that isn't easy on a morning when you are getting kids of to school!) x

Col
25-02-13, 16:55
Thanks Annie , I could cry sometimes, if it's not one thing it's another. Thanks for the good advice your right it happend today it doesn't always happen, yes thanks XXX

xvolatileheart
25-02-13, 21:26
You did really way to stay calm and get yourself home!

Col
25-02-13, 22:14
You did really way to stay calm and get yourself home!

Thankyou so much X I'm so upset, was it me rushing or was it a panic attack or something else? I think it was balance related & rushing BUT because I've suffered with panic attacks before & mine were induced by exhaustion So the lines between feeling faint/weak & panic are blured! That's why I'm on edge not knowing what will happen tomorrow?

macc noodle
25-02-13, 22:25
I think you were probably over breathing thru anxiety (and being busy rushing around too) and this made you feel faint - I know this is easier said than done but try not to think too much about it otherwise you will get over anxious before the school run tomorrow.

Keep a bottle of water in the car to sip if you are feeling anx/faint - the simple act of sipping the water can help you regulate your breathing.

And remember this - you survived the panicky anxiety and carried on - so well done. :-) xx

Col
25-02-13, 22:28
I think you were probably over breathing thru anxiety (and being busy rushing around too) and this made you feel faint - I know this is easier said than done but try not to think too much about it otherwise you will get over anxious before the school run tomorrow.

Keep a bottle of water in the car to sip if you are feeling anx/faint - the simple act of sipping the water can help you regulate your breathing.

And remember this - you survived the panicky anxiety and carried on - so well done. :-) xx

Honestly , thankyou so much for your advice , I'm soo fed up & I'm so scared & I'm touched by the kind support on here. I didnt think about water, I will do that. Thankyou ever so much X

Annie0904
25-02-13, 22:31
I never go anywhere without my bottle of water! :) x

xvolatileheart
26-02-13, 00:29
I sometimes just get overcome with a sensation, usually I feel weak/faint/distant, then I instantly panic. I think it's just adrenaline surges because our nervous systems are so on edge all the time!