PDA

View Full Version : Helpppp-first driving lesson and new job ahhh

HollieeB
25-02-13, 17:32
So Tomorrow I have my first ever driving lesson. im excited but also my anxiety is just making me panic about everything and ugh my brain is like mush! Meeting a brand new person and have to spend an hour with them in a tiny space. :wacko:

then friday, starting volunteering at a new stables/yard/farm. Normally I would say to myself if I don't like it I don't have to do it, but this time I do not want to add it to my list of things that "I did once but couldn't cope due to anxiety so gave up and never went back". Im going for a few hours friday morning then the same saturday, it's the thought that on friday if I don't enjoy it I will still have to go back the next day, and the week after that, and the week after that¬

I have an appointment with my CBT therapist on Wednesday too which makes me even more nervous!!! this week is going to be so hard :(

Annie0904
25-02-13, 17:37
Just want to wish you Good Luck for your driving test tomorrow :) and also your volunteering job, that sounds really good, I hope it goes well for you and I am sure the cbt will help you to prepare for it. :hugs:

Lissa101
25-02-13, 20:11
Hollie, if it helps I'm experiencing a major set back right now, to the point where I've been considering calling the Samaritans. But I still managed to get through my driving lesson and it's only number 6. If I can do it when I'm a complete mess then anyone can :) Just think about the freedom it'll bring when you have your own car x