PDA

View Full Version : back to dancing :)

oh no_1
25-02-13, 18:18
going back to dance today after 5 months since last went and starting back my other next week maybe and then hoping to join a third in time to come.

Annie0904
25-02-13, 18:20
Good to hear that. I hope it goes well for you x

oh no_1
26-02-13, 02:08
i did it :)
couldnt get past car park for weeks, then into building for weeks, managed to stay and watch whole hour other week.

BobbyDog
26-02-13, 11:34
So pleased for you, dancing will release some of your happy brain chemicals. Well done, you are a star*

oh no_1
26-02-13, 12:30
thanks, it was exhausting.... both the actual dancing but also the whole getting there etc but once i got into it and started dancing it was good.
jus dnt feel good today and exhausted and head pounding.

Granny Primark
26-02-13, 12:49
I did disco and tap at the same dance school as my daughter went to from when she was 3.Obviously I was in the mums class
I even appeared in their dance shows. (Not a pretty sight:doh::blush:)
My daughter is going to doing zumba on Thursday and wants me to go she she says there are women their of all ages.
NO CHANCE! It takes me all me time to walk up the stairs!
I think its absolutely brill that youve started back. A big WELL DONE.:yesyes:

Daisy Sue
26-02-13, 13:07
Well done you! :)

oh no_1
26-02-13, 21:10
thanks lynn and everyone.
yeh im wanting to start zumba..... well soon.. but know i shouldnt rush and try and do loads when i havent done anything in so so long

Sparkle1984
26-02-13, 21:59
Well done on getting back to your dancing. :) I've never done Zumba or anything like that.

I'm not very good at dancing (actually, I'm terrible at it!) but I think it's a good way to keep fit. I like playing Just Dance games on my Wii, but I don't think I'd like to join a dance class where you have to dance in front of loads of other people. I don't mind dancing in nightclubs or discos though.

oh no_1
26-02-13, 22:13
bet youd be fab at dancing if u enjoy the just dance :)
awww i used to love dancing in clubs etc.... hope to get bk to that one day

Daisy Sue
26-02-13, 22:22
I tried zumba last year... was absolutely useless, felt like I had 2 left feet, and neither of them were going where they were supposed to! lol.

oh no_1
27-02-13, 02:25
zumba is quote fast isnt it

BobbyDog
27-02-13, 06:10
I watched Zumba with my son at our local sport centre, it made me dizzy, far too fast for me. Not enough coordination to do that.

oh no_1
27-02-13, 20:37
i love dancing.... well when im feeling good i do.

Elle-Kay
27-02-13, 20:53
Well done! I know exactly how you feel as I took the same steps just before Christmas - I hadn't been able to face going to my dance club for several months, then I managed to go but just sat in the car, then I just built it up slowly until I was able to stay for the evening. I feel so much better now I'm back, and if I feel nervous about going now I can at least say to myself "It's ok, you know you'll feel better once you get there".

What sort of dancing do you do? I do modern jive.

oh no_1
06-03-13, 09:56
i do cheer, and this other dancing for fun, and then hoping to start zumba
the other one was meant to start back but hasnt yet and was all set in my mind to go and was trying to get there, did have few panic attacks but was trying n then got half way there and got text through saying it not starting back till next week now. can't be helped but it a shame