PDA

View Full Version : so anxuiose need advice

tricia56
25-02-13, 21:12
hi i have had gad and ha for a few yrs now and im petrified of taking any kind of medication because of allergic reations and ive had to have antibiotics for a ear infection because of a severe cold i had last week and since yersterday ive got my self in right mess over it as even tho ive managed to take 3 so far i keep googling the side effects of the tablets and keep thinking im getting some of the side effects i even went back to see my gp tonite to double check my symtoms and hoped he said i didnt have to take them but he said the were safe and to keep taking them but im so scared incase i do end up having a anaphylactic reation . ive had penacillen before but it was quite a few yrs ago so can it stil happen even if you have taken the medication before as i feel so stupid and scared

Lissa101
25-02-13, 21:19
Tricia, the one thing you are not is stupid. It's ok to be scared - we've all got anxiety problems here and yours is just directed at your health. Your doctor has gave you good advice. I know it's hard to trust GP's sometimes because they seem so busy and disinterested (at least mine is!) but try and have confidence in what he says. If you can't then try and find some way of coping until you've finished the course. Hope you feel better soon x

tricia56
25-02-13, 21:28
thk you lissa for kind advice andi will keep taking them as i know i have to overcome the fear so thk you once again