PDA

View Full Version : Memory Loss & CBT assessment tom (Sat)

fran43
08-09-06, 17:38
It has been really bugging me that I suffer badly from memory loss as well as all the other crappy symptoms I have. Does anyone experience this on a fairly regular basis??

I have this assessment with the eating disorder/CBT therapist tomorrow. My appt is for 2.00pm (when I am no where near my best). The bit that bugs me big time is I look so "normal" (hate the word) on the outside but inside I am crying out and scared. Concentration is minimal, I dont love myself and dont know where to begin on that one.

Today I have driven to the supermarket (by myself) to get a few items. Then drove to a friend's for a couple of hours (and back!). I still strongly feel what is the big deal about that? Yet four months ago my husband was having to take me everywhere. The unreal feeling still is present 24/7 and I am getting more stressed and het up about things till not falling into place.

Anyway, enough of my moaning.

Take care of yourselves.

Love Fran XX

Hangtough
08-09-06, 17:46
Hey there

One of my main problems is memory loss. I use to be so focussed and could remember anything and everything and now I can't and it's tough isn't it.

You're doing fab doing the driving you've described, well done.

I too put on a front, but there are sometimes you have to realise when to let your guard down a little and it strikes me that tomorrow is one of those times. People can only help if they really know what's going on for you. It'll be hard, I know, but it'll get you the help you deserve,

Good luck
Hangtough

Lindalou64
08-09-06, 18:14
welcome to nmp i forget all the time i feel as tho i have alziemers..but no its the mind racing all the time wish ya the best........Linda[8D]

polly daydream
08-09-06, 18:16
Hi Fran, I have terrible memory loss now with anxiety, I used to have a great memory.

Take care,

Polly

lisa smith
08-09-06, 18:40
HI THERE FRAN. I UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL, AS MY MEMORY IS TERRIBLE SINCE THE ANXIETY. THE WORST TIME IS WHEN MY KIDS HAVE TO REMIND ME ON WHAT THEY ARE DOING AT SCHOOL. AND THAT MAKES ME FEEL REALLY GUILTY. TAKE CARE LISA

Karen
08-09-06, 19:09
Hi Fran

Memory problems are very common. I need to write lists for myself all the time otherwise I forget things.

These threads might help:

Memory loss
Not sure where to post (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3583)
Anxiety and how it effects your memory (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6089)

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Karen xx

fran43
08-09-06, 23:06
Thanks for all your kind replies.

I hate the memory loss as much as I hate feeling unreal and really fat (despite others saying I am not).

Tomorrow I can say to my husband something and he will say "we discussed that yesterday" and I truly can't remember.

I truly feel at times I am going insane. I do write a lot of "to do" notes as I need to have some form of structured day. It invariably does not always go to plan but it seems crazy that these things used to be par course of the day and now they are an effort.

I will let you all know how the therapist appt goes tomorrow. Certainly not looking forward to it but it is a way forward and perhaps as we have had to fund it ourselves I will make much more of an effort.

Take care of yourselves.

Love Fran XX