PDA

View Full Version : probation

maximus1975
26-02-13, 16:05
well i was doing fine till about 4 oclock yesterday , my probation officer phoned me and went nuts down the phone that i hadnt done more hours since my driving ban ive been sending him eveidence of all my hospitol visits but he said that wasnt good enough , i explained that since auguast first of ive been very physically sick and secondly not well mentally, he has has said i have to go back to court, i pleaded with him to let me finish my hours of in a charity shop which im trying to sort out today i really dont wanna go back to court who no's what the judge would give me, providing the local charity shop will have me it means i still have to go and do it and my dr said im not fit for any kinda work this may play havoc with my anxiety and set me right back , i reckon i would get a 7pm curfew if i went to court , surely i couldnt get a prison sentence could i?:weep::weep: this has made my anxiety rocket up

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

been to my local charity shop and filled in an aplication form , my probation officer is going to meet them tomorrow thats how desperate he is to punish me 7 days ago i could hardly step out my front door , now im being forced to work in a shop!!!
thats gunna ever make or break me who no's? it could be a good thing thats providing the area manager says its ok for me to work there, im seeing my gp tomorrow and explain to her im being hassled into this.
i guess its better that getting picked up in a group and getting rid of graffiti all day.
the whole getting back to work things was planned as a phased comeback he's told me ive gotta do a minimun of 6 hrs shift

Sunshine77
26-02-13, 18:09
I don't really know much about the probation system but would a letter from your doctor stating how poorly you are help? If you are seeing them tomorrow then I am sure they would do that for you. And given your health I would also be astonished if any judge gave you a prison sentence.

On the positive side - look how far you have come in the last week! You wouldn't have believed a week ago that you could've made it out to the charity shop and done the paperwork. Keep the faith that you are slowly getting better. Who knows what you will be able to deal with in another 7 days! You are stronger than you think. Take good care x

BobbyDog
27-02-13, 06:55
[/COLOR]You have overcome so many hurdles recently and made a huge amount of progress.
Do not wait, make an appointment with the CAB over the phone or ask you mum to go with you to get an appointment. See if you can get a letter from your GP stating that you are suffering with anxiety etc.

maximus1975
27-02-13, 14:00
nah he's not buying any of that it says in the paperwork if you are unable to work for a period of two months then you will be punished in another way, my probation officer has been to my local charity shop this morning and i start on march the 13th .
this country has gone mad , ive worked all my life but i have an illness at the moment and this could make it worse.
on the other hand my dr said it may help, although she's not helping much either reducing my benzos at this difficult time

Serenitie
27-02-13, 14:40
Were you in prison and released on licence with a CSO (community service order) as part of your licence conditions or did you get a CSO instead of a sentence?

Breach of a CSO can result in several outcomes depending on your circumstances and whether you failed to co operate or had a valid reason for failing to comply. A breach of your CSO may result in it being extended or discharged if through no fault of your own you were unable to comply or an alternative sanction being made in place of the CSO including curfew.

You need to gather medical evidence from your GP to reflect your illness and how it has impacted on you and prevented you from completing your order. The evidence that you gather is crucial as your probation officer seems determined to return to court to decide how to proceed. If so, your evidence will be crucial in helping to determine the outcome.

Consultation with a solicitor or law centre would be advisable as they can offer you the best advice & support with your court hearing and or possibly re-negotiating the terms of your current CSO.

maximus1975
27-02-13, 16:19
no never in prison got done for drink driving and got 100 hours comunity service of which i did 25 before i got ill i think the court , gathering evidence , seeing a laywer is gunna cause me more anxiety than doing the 25 hours in the shop if i go there and i just cant handle it i will get my gp and pdoc on the case to prove im unwell , like u said that would probally result in a curfew, court costs and name in the local paper again which i dont want

Serenitie
27-02-13, 17:18
Is your PO still taking this to court? If so, I'd really advise you to seek legal advice to get the best advice and support possible to minimise any repercussions of you being unable to comply with your CSO. If you get legal advice, gather medical information and keep your PO updated, it shows willing on your part to resolve this matter and will go in your favour.

maximus1975
27-02-13, 20:50
no im going to work in a charity shop for 75 hours its gunna make me real anxious i no that but will give it a crack and do my time unless it makes me really poorly

Annie0904
27-02-13, 21:10
I hope it works out well for you, at least you have a couple of weeks before it starts. x