PDA

View Full Version : Another one from brighton!

freakle
08-09-06, 17:55
Hello everyone :)

My name is Zoe and I suffer from depression and anxiety. For the past 5 months my anxiety has been unmanageble, and last month I ended up in millview psychiatric hospital where I stayed for 2 weeks.

When I was discharged I had a home treatment team who came twice a day to check up on me and to help with things like getting food in for me. I had their help for 3 weeks and have now been discharged from them as I have improved a little:)

I am currently attending a day hospital 3-4 times a week and see a support worker, pyschiatric nurse, and a psychiatrist, and aslo attend groups there. I have also started having hypnotherapy which so far has helped me the most.

I'm on prozac and quetiapine/seroquel (a mood stabiliser) but haven't found that these have made much of a difference to be honest.

At the moment I'm having about 1-2 good days a week which compared to none just over a month ago i feel is a great improvement! Although I have found myself falling into the trap of thinking that I'm all better on my good days then coming back down with a crash and feeling like I've failed because I'm having a bad day.

Oh I think I've rambled on a bit so I'll stop now! I look forward to getting to know you all, and hopefully be able to give some advice too!

Zoe x

To be pushed is unwillingness, to push yourself is courage

Lindalou64
08-09-06, 18:03
a big welocme to ya zoe..............Linda[8D]

polly daydream
08-09-06, 18:07
Hi Zoe and welcome to the forum. PM me any time if you would like to talk.

Take care,

Polly

Karen
08-09-06, 18:13
Hi Zoe

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are making good progress and it is good that you are receiving support to help in your recovery.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Have you thought about keeping a journal? It can help to record the good days as well as the bad. You can then look back and remind yourself that you are making progress and having good days even when not feeling so great.

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

I love you in place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you

~The Carpenters~

freakle
08-09-06, 18:48
Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Thanks Karen, keeping a diary sounds like a good idea I'll give it a go!

Zoe x

To be pushed is unwillingness, to push yourself is courage

matilda
08-09-06, 19:33
Welcome to the site it has really helped me.

jackie
08-09-06, 20:17
youve not rambled

i hope we can all comfort eachother

take care

jackie

ceecee
08-09-06, 21:51
hi zoe welcome to the forum!!!you,ll find lots of people here who know what you are going through and will help you through by realizing you are not alone
take care rachel x

manmoor
08-09-06, 22:12
Hi Zoe,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Sonusthree
08-09-06, 23:19
Welcome Zoe. :D
Is Brighton an anxiety hotspot or something?
Let me know if I can ever be of any help.
S3

"I have learned from my mistakes—and I’m sure I could repeat them exactly.”

mad_shell66
09-09-06, 10:57
hi zoe, welcome to no more panic! if you ever need anyone to talk to then pm me! xx

Clare_63
09-09-06, 11:23
Hi Zoe

Welcome to NMP

Take care

Clare :)

Obstacles are those horrible things you see when you take your mind off your goals (",)

fisher
09-09-06, 11:35
hi zoe my names joanne and i suffer from anxiety, it all started 3yrs ago and i had it continiously thought i would never get rid of it but i did, and then it came back last year, i try to keep it aT BAY, things happen or i get invited out and i get the anxiety back, it would be great if it all dissappeared, you sound like you have got the help you needed and you are getting better good on you, how long was you in the hospital for? was they helpful? have you got family to support you? anyway keep in touch and i will speak to you soon goodluck x jo

sarah1984
09-09-06, 15:03
Hi Zoe,

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time recently, but it sounds as if you have a good support network and are making progress. I know how hard it is, but believe me, two good days a week is progress, and it does feel all the worse when you have a bad day, because you think you're back where you started. However, those one to two good days will start to become more and more frequent, and the blips less and less serious, with more space in between.
Take Care and I hope you make some good friends on NMP
Sarah

nomorepanic
11-09-06, 19:14
Hi Zoe

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you

Nicola

W.I.F.T.S.
17-09-06, 16:05
Hi Zoe,

You actually seem very well balanced to me. I've had depression most of my life,but it's been particularly bad and with panic attacks and general anxiety for the last 4 years (I'm 30).

When I first became ill I was still able to drive from Cheshire to London and to have day trips to wales without much difficulty, but my comfort zone has shrunk right in and now I find it hard going to town- although I somehow drag myself to work, about 8 miles away every day- i can't afford not to do it, so i don't have much choice.

part of me would love to be taken in by a psychiatric department, so that I could just have a rest and to feel safe in the knowledge that the people around know what I'm going through. But, the other half thinks that it would be really bad for my sense of worth to have psychiatric treatment and that I'd be shunned or disapproved of (especially by my family- for whom I don't exactly feel that popular anyway).

I've actually got an appointment to be assessed in a few weeks time. The way I actually feel about things is almost as if I'm a weakling and I need to do exercises to build my self up, like a gym programme for my brain. If I could get into some sort of programme and feel coached then I believe that i could make really good progress really quickly.

Part of me thinks that 'it's just depression/ panic attacks' and I'm not actually that sick at all, it's just illusion and that if I leave my current job my depression will suddenly vanish.

Anyway, thanks for replying to my post Zoe. PM me anytime.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.