PDA

View Full Version : Rocky's back

spottitchsam
26-02-13, 12:39
Well guys I started the new pill at 9o'clock last night and up until 6.40am this morning I only woke 3 times which was good for me.but at 6.45 I came all over funny.the only way I can describe it was if someone had pumped me full of air.not a fat or bloating feeling.and I just had so much go that I thought I was going mad.after speaking to out of hours doctor they told me to go back to and see him or nurse.I was on my GPS doorstep when they opened and the receptionist put it a better way that I was feeling it was my brain is overactive.I spoke to gp and was reinsured that I was NORMAL and it was just the pills taking effect.I still needed to stay and reduce the lorazepam has I still needed them to help with the panic attacks until the others was in my body to take over.I now feel better knowing that.I am leaving about 1 o'clock with hubby,son,friend to go to Birmingham to see Harry Hill.Will not be back till midnight so will have to take it easy over the next few days.I will be taking my mobility scooter with me so I will not be walking far.hope that you are all doing well.x

maximus1975
26-02-13, 12:50
im reducing my lorazepam dose at the moment and finding it tough although they are giving me some diazepam to cover the nasty side affects were u on a lot of loraepam and what are u swtching to ?

spottitchsam
27-02-13, 01:02
im reducing my lorazepam dose at the moment and finding it tough although they are giving me some diazepam to cover the nasty side affects were u on a lot of loraepam and what are u swtching to ?

Hi maximus I was taking 3 x 1mg a day of lorazepam but because of panic attack last Wednesday he has changed it to pregabalin. 2 x 25mg.I have got to reduce the lorazepam to 2 a day for 5 days then 1 a day for 5 days.this will give the pregabalin pill chance to get into my body.I hope they have found the right pill now for me.hope you are well.x

ricardo
27-02-13, 06:04
Excuse me butting in but having been on diazepam initially on and off , in other words when required, for 20+ years I was switched to lorazepam about 7 years ago .

The maximum safe dose of lorazepam is 6 mg a day (3 x 2mg) and that would practically knock you out.

3 x 1mg a day is still a pretty high dose equivalent to about 30/40 mg of diazepam if not more, so my advise is to reduce a bit slower but when you say they are giving you "some diazepam" how much are they giving you to get the right balance.

I take a 2mg tablet of lorazepam,split into 4 quarters over 24 hours together with propranol 10-20-10 gms.

I am just suggesting that in my experiece that as lorazepam is a very effective short life drug that you don't withdraw too quickly.