PDA

View Full Version : newbie here- dont know whats wrong with me :(

alwaysill
26-02-13, 12:46
hi i have lurked these boards for many months :blush: and now feel its time to ask someone for help/advice.
im a 30 year old married mother of 3 beautiful children- i should be so happy with my life/kids/job etc but 1 thing is holding me back and thats my health anxiety.
for the past 5 year i have suffered really bad, the alst year has been the worst, i am due a ct scan tomorrow as i have been having head troubles since last year, the neurologist said its for nothing but simple reassurance. :shrug:
so since i got my appointment for that i have various other cancer fears plaguing me.
lymphoma,breast,leukaemia.
my current one is some kind of tounge/neck/thyroid cancer :weep: each and every time i have had cancer fears there has always been an alternative explanation to my pains etc but this time i cant find anything.
my left neck area is achy, particular around my left thyroid, this is not always constant and pain on a score of 1-10 is probably a 3-4.
then the back of my tongue left side is also sore, i cant see anything untoward, so im thinking its something further back that has been for about 3 weeks. again its not sore all of the time and it doesnt hurt to swallow.
then for the last 10 days i have tasted blood in my mouth about 5-6 times, today it was on waking up at 2am and again waking up at 7am, and another time i had just woken up, i dashed to bathroom all 3 times and spit into the sink and my saliva had a light tinge of blood., this quickly clears up after 2-3 spits. (sorry for sounding so gross) i really have no idea where the blood comes from, it isnt bright red, more of a brown colour.
then theres the pain i am getting in between ny neck and bottom jaw left side, sort of jaw chin area, thats not constant but on a scale of 1-10 its a 4-5. the pains sometimes radiates to my ear and causes a very mild earache.
i cant feel any swellings/lumps around neck/chin/jaw/lymphs or anything.
im going to the doctors on thurs and dentist on friday,.
im pretty good at going to the dentist and was only there in january for a check up.would he have noticed anything untoward?
i know noone is qualified to diagnose on here , i am just having a really awful time atm :(

Jenwales
26-02-13, 13:40
No matter if you have a health issue or not you should find help for your anxiety
a lot of books -the overcoming series is good- have self help CBT techniques im re-reading one about worry at the moment
all the best

i have had health anxiety issues and it is hard but your mind can make you think something is wrong when it isnt

alwaysill
28-02-13, 18:38
i am having cbt in couple of weeks.
i went to doctors today, it was a locum doctor i think, he was really nice and spent a full 5 minutes thoroughly examining the inside of my mouth and neck, he couldnt feel any thing untoward.
yesterday i noticed a small white line under my tounge with a patch of red around it, it isnt a lump or mass , just a white line, its rubbing against my bottom teeth and becoming sore.
i know the doctor gave me reassurance but he said the dentist will take a better look tomorrow as they have more powerful lights etc.
today i am just so tired, its unbelievable.
i do have a lot of other issues going on in my life, my husband lost his job at the end of last year, my son is due to have surgery on his leg,mmoney is tight etc, maybe everything is getting on top of me :(