PDA

View Full Version : New here... and started an agoraphobia blog :)

xgraceex
26-02-13, 14:12
I am almost twenty and all my teenage years I have been scared to leave my home, especially on my own... I also have depression too. And I have a real problem with trying to be "perfect" all the time :( it is driving me insane! I would love to meet new people who are in the same situation as me, as sometimes I don't have anyone to talk to :(

I have started a blog on blogspot in trying to tackle my issues, with the outdoors really. I have bought a lovely camera and started a "abc" project, where every now and then, I will go out with my camera, and take ten or so shots of things beginning with the letter A, and so on. And another day, when I am brave enough, I shall try the letter B etc. And then I will try to write about it on this blog, and hopefully (fingers crossed) it will make ME a bit braver with walking around my own town, and may help others too :)

Here is the link if anyone is interested ~ http://sociallyawkwardgrace.blogspot.co.uk/ :)

:yesyes:

I am a bit nervous about posting this, but I have been reading these forums for a while and everyone seems really friendly :) x

nomorepanic
26-02-13, 14:22
Hi xgraceex

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Catherine84
26-02-13, 14:42
Hello and :welcome: Grace :)
I am also new to this forum and like you was nervous about posting (I am quite shy and have never joined a forum before, only read posts).

I would love to read your blog, and the photography project sounds a really good idea. There are days when I have to force myself to leave the house, and try desperately to distract myself from my anxiety.

I have already met some very friendly, supportive and like-minded people on here.

You are not alone :hugs:

Catherine x

xgraceex
26-02-13, 15:12
Hey Catherine :D I shall send you an email of the link if you want to check it out? I was really nervous but it seems okay so far, I have never joined a forum before either :( You are not alone either :) :hugs:I work from home so i don't have to force myself to go out, not like I did when I was in college. so I have gotten out the habit of leaving altogether :(

Mark13
26-02-13, 18:08
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

xgraceex
26-02-13, 19:13
Thanks Mark13, I have already started chatting to some really lovely people :D

reddevil
26-02-13, 21:15
Welcome.

Red

foreverhopeful
26-02-13, 22:24
hi there :)

just thought i'd say thank you cos i found your blog today, which inspired me to join here too!

so thank you! <3

xgraceex
26-02-13, 23:17
Aww that is amazing foreverhopeful! <3 I hope here helps you like it is starting to help me :)

little wren
27-02-13, 07:07
Hi xgraceex

Just read your blog - it is really good! Love that camera by the way and if you took some of the photos that are on your blog (as well as the artwork) I think you will get some lovely shots. I was trying to think of something for you to shoot beginning with 'A' and the only thing I can think of is architecture (if you live somewhere lovely and historical). Bit lame but I think what you are doing is great. x

xgraceex
27-02-13, 13:05
Thank you little wren :D I don't actually live anywhere that fantastic but I shall see what I can do :) the support here has been amazing so far <3

k&co
27-02-13, 13:49
great blog Gracee :)

xgraceex
27-02-13, 14:55
Thank you! :) xx

Serenitie
27-02-13, 15:28
Beautifully illustrated, Gracee! Love it!:hugs:

xgraceex
27-02-13, 16:00
Aww thank you sweetie! <3 xx

Serenitie
27-02-13, 20:56
Gracee, I love the style of your artwork. I'm in love with the drawing of the girl with the cat! Adorable! I'd love to commission you to do a little art work, if you have availability? Cat xxx

xgraceex
27-02-13, 21:45
Hey, that is amazing! I am actually setting up my Etsy shop at the moment to sell my artwork on, if you want to check it out? No art is up yet but all my jewellery is, which had art on it, haha :) http://www.etsy.com/shop/EevieDesigns :hugs:

Serenitie
27-02-13, 22:04
I checked your Etsy store out via your blog :D I'll private message you and see what we can work out :D

little wren
28-02-13, 06:25
Gracee your photo of the black and white cat is gorgeous - such a sweet shot of him/her.

little wren x

xgraceex
28-02-13, 13:10
Ooo okay thank you Serenitie! This means so much! :D And thank you little wren, that is my ten year old cat Paws, she is gorgeous! :) xx

little wren
02-03-13, 07:25
Gracee - the colours in some of your photo-shots are really vivid...really nice.:)

xgraceex
04-03-13, 13:08
Thank you little wren :D I have been updating it more and it is going well :) xx