PDA

View Full Version : New here not new to anxiety!

evilimbic
26-02-13, 14:27
Hello all - just joined up here. I'm a long term sufferer with anxiety and depression (depression seems to be reactive to the anxiety though) and recently diagnosed with an anxious personality disorder. Where anxiety and depression stop and anxious personality disorder start is anyone's guess though :wacko: Anyway I suppose my main problem is with health anxiety of one flavour or another. My first memories of anxiety was when I was about 16-17 sitting playing endless games of patience to try and distract myself from the feeling of suffocating. Then one night I was feeling sick ad found that I suddenly wasn't suffocating any more - I had found a new distraction. And what a great distraction is was - so great it took over my life completely and I became (and still am) a fully blown emetophobic. I've had lots of different tablets some of which worked and some of which didn't but even those that worked petered out after a number of years (paroxatine and citalopram) and I've now run out of SSRIs and SSNRIs to try and in a bit of an anxiety hole. I've been trying to work my way through a book called Overcoming Health Anxiety which is helpful to an extent - it was all going well for a while then I had panic attacks and I feel like I'm back to pre-square-one on the whole anxiety front :weep: Every waking and most sleeping moments at the moment are taken up with anxiety and a terror that I'm about to be sick and it's really just getting too much. If anyone has any hints, ideas, help or support I would be more than grateful.

nomorepanic
26-02-13, 14:38
Hi clockworkbrain

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
26-02-13, 18:06
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.