PDA

View Full Version : Had My Driving Licence Revoked )-:

Chester
26-02-13, 14:42
Hi guys.

Bit of a setback today. My GP has informed the DVLA that I shouldn't really have a driving licence at the moment. I had been suffering anxiety related falls and blackouts.

Got a letter this morning advising me it had been revoked and asking me to return the paper counterpart and if I attempt to drive I am liable for prosecution which is fair enough.

So they've suggested I ask for a free bus pass but I'm really wary in that
A) I get panicky on buses
B) I'll feel so badly judged using a free pass and it'll add to my anxiety (stupid I know but still)

So my only other option is a taxi or relying on friends/family which isn't me.

It's just really crummy! I wish my GP had discussed this with me first as it came through without warning.

steveo
26-02-13, 18:51
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! But it's obviously for your safety and that of other road users if you are having blackouts. It would be awful if you caused an accident and you got hurt or others.

It's still horrible news. Do you get it back when the GP informs the DVLA you are fit and well again or do you have to do through the rig moral of taking tests again?

x

Col
26-02-13, 23:14
Blackouts - that is dangerous ! Your doc should have informed you though, your livelihood etc Could depend on it. :sad:

Edie
27-02-13, 14:19
I'm sorry to hear this. It must be worrying for you to lose your independence. Your doctor really should have informed you he was going to notify the DVLA.

Yes, this will entitle you to a bus pass, but that's not going to help you if you can't lose the bus! Does the bus pass cover a carer to also travel for free with you? Would that make bus travel possible?

Don't be embarrassed about using a free pass. A couple of months before my dad's 60th birthday my dad broke his arm and had to use the bus for a few weeks. The drivers always expressed surprise when he asked to buy a ticket. Nearly all if the other passengers had free passes. No one will bat an eyelid at your bus pass.

In answer to Steveo's question, no you won't have to re-take your test as you have not lost your license due to incompetence. Once you are sufficiently recovered, with the appropriate letter from your doctor, you just get your license returned.