PDA

View Full Version : So sick and tired of being sick and tired...

BusuB
26-02-13, 14:46
I've been dealing with panic and anxiety since 2009. When I was first diagnosed, it got so bad that I had spent a few days in the hospital as I was completely unable to function. Since then I've had good periods for the most part, but can't quite shake it 100%. No matter how good I felt, I still felt a little anxious here and there. Scattered throughout the good days, are days (weeks really) like today where the old feelings return that make me doubt my recovery.

I started on paroxetine way back in 2009. Achieved remission and got off about 18 months later. Unfortunately this didn't last and ended up back on the paroxetine a month later. Problem was, it didn't seem to work as well as before. After playing around with the dosages for 6 months, it was decided to make a change. For the last 12 months I've been on sertraline. I think it works. I have stretches where I actually feel better than ever, then I seem to hit a wall and my symptoms return for a week or two where those uncomfortable feelings return. I've successfully managed my physical symptoms, but the emotional ones remain. What more can I do? I've done the medication, the therapy(cbt), the exercise, quit smoking, etc, and it seems like nothing is ever good enough. I'm so sick and tired.

annadavid
27-02-13, 20:22
sometimes just getting up and trying to think positive think of the good things you have and try think about them instead worrying about the bad things ! it may not help you but i find making things help i set my self tasks to take my mind of it so this week i decided to hock a rug sounds weird i know but once u know u have to finish something every day when i get home after my day out, i sit down and do more of it till its complete then once i have finished it i think of something new to do and if i have more than one idea i add them to a list and work through them an it takes my mind of things ! you should try it if you think it would help!x

arg13
28-02-13, 00:23
i know how you feel...
im sick of over thinking everything that happens around me, and I'm sick of feeling the odd one out amongst my happy friends who cant understand. I was on medication in 2011/2012 and managed to come off it in summer 2012 but have booked an appointment for monday probably to go back on them... feels like a big backwards step but I'm final year of university so its not worth risking messing that up! im also sick of stress induced IBS, i basically feel like i have food poisoning all the time and theres nothing i can do about it! I'm also tired of needing people but tired of being stressed if im around too many people...

I guess we just have to look for the lighter days/hours. they do happen to everyone, nice to suddenly remember ur problems after a few hours of being happy and think that maybe there'll be a time where its always like that!

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant on my part! Feeling very similar so needed to get it off my chest! u are definitely not alone ha!

Hoping u have as many positive hours today as possible!