PDA

View Full Version : for crying out loud - MS fears return

pAULspybeef
26-02-13, 15:38
I have been suffering with what has been described as "anxiety" for about 18 months, with symptoms such as:

- a feeling of weakness on my left side (arm & leg) even though it is not ACTUALLY weak
- sore eyes
- tiredness
- various skin sensations in both legs (burning/tingling/buzzing)
- right side of face feels numb/odd - mainly cheek but gets worse when I am self-checking or focusing on it.
- NOW my right arm/hand/wrist has started feeling numb/strange/odd a few days ago.

I saw a GP and a neurologist about a year ago who have told me it is anxiety although I haven't had an MRI. A retired neurologist on here told me my symptoms were not linked to any neurological disease, and after a few months of feeling slightly better I thought I was making good progress.

However, I am starting to question all of these strange sensations again and am worried that it is MS.

I would appreciate any words of reassurance or opinions as I feel like I am not in a great place again.

Thank you all

pAUL

Poopsi
26-02-13, 15:45
What do you mean by buzzing? Bc I have this weird feeling all over my body when touched a certain way, I've been describing it as tingling but now that I see buzzing it's almost more like that, maybe like buzzing or vibrating, is that what u have?

pAULspybeef
26-02-13, 15:47
both - it varies in terms of sensations

Poopsi
26-02-13, 15:57
Well I'm in almost the same boat as u. I've had the buzzing/tingling when I'm touched a certain way. Also, my feet tingle and I have numbness on and off in my lower legs. Sometimes I feel off balance and some times I pee a lot more then normal. I've been to 2 GP's and a physiatrist. I've had 2 clinical exams, blood work, an EMG, and a nerve conduction test, all came back normal. They are saying it's anxiety but I also have a hard time believing it! It's been about 7 weeks for me though! I haven't had an MRI either bc the dr thinks it will be hard for my insurance co to approve it, plushe doesn't think I need it, he said he would order it to make me feel better, but I don't know if I want to put myself through that if it really is only anxiety.