PDA

View Full Version : hate waiting for results....can now feel lymph nodes in neck

andrea15
26-02-13, 16:53
Am waiting for ct scan results and while Im waiting Im constantly finding new bumps in my neck. My initial fear for lung cancer was because of rib pains and coughing up blood. Not had any pain for a week but now concerned about my neck instead. Am I just feeling things that have probably always been there? I know lung cancer can spread to neck lymph nodes and Im terrifying myself all over again.

Hope results dont take too long as Im going crazy

zippy
26-02-13, 17:02
I know what you mean I am waiting for a scan and my 2nd lot of bloods to come back. I originally was bothered about vertigo and head symptoms and was worried I had a brain tumour and now my bloods show I have liver inflammation I have convinced myself I have liver cancer and I haven't thought about my dizziness since the liver issue came up.
When did you have your scan?

andrea15
26-02-13, 17:19
Yesterday but it was a private one and consultant was due to look at it yesterday afternoon so they said to start trying the surgery this afternoon in case it came in. Went to work but kept feeling my neck. If I dont have anything in my lungs Im going to worry its another cancer spread to my neck. Probably breast cancer as not had that onefor a while! Im so sick of living in this misery. I will be a single mum again if it keeps happening and everyone is upset at the effect its all having on my kids, me being so anxious all the time and convinced Im going to die.

zippy
26-02-13, 17:26
I know it's a vicious circle isn't it. I have done exactly the same as you in the past, I thought I had breast cancer had a mammogram and it was ok so I convinced myself it must be lung so I pressed for a chest x ray and that was clear.
I know what you mean about your kids and partner etc. I cry every day to my partner and I know it's hard for him too. It puts a strain on relationships and families.
Have you phoned the surgery?

andrea15
26-02-13, 17:33
Yes I rang at 4 pm. Nothing received today. I am usually shut away in the house and only see people if I have to when Im mid-crisis. I hate the school run and seeing everyone being normal when I think Im dying of cancer. I get angry with my kids. I dont cook much, clean or look after myself. Its just like a black hole I fall into

zippy
26-02-13, 17:49
Me too, I hate school run or seeing people that I would normally speak to. I haven't been out much lately, my partner has had to do all the cooking, cleaning etc. I say the same as you to my friend it feels like a big black hole I have fell into and I haven't the energy to fight back up to the top again. I get angry too.
I have been like this for about 6 weeks and now I have the worry of an ultrasound scan on my liver and further bloods because my last bloods showed liver inflammation.
It's never ending thinking we are dying all the time.