PDA

View Full Version : Can't carry on like this much longer

frosty2901
26-02-13, 19:56
I'm feeling so upset and down at the moment about what's happening to me Iam trying to beat this without any medication but it looks like i might have to go and get my prescription for serelentine or what ever its called
I have had anxieity over 12 days now and have been sort of managing the panic attacks to about one a day now but it's just the anxieity now I can handle it for a little while then I get so fed up with it and I'm so worn out with it sleeping keeps coming and going about 1 night in 3 I get 4 or 5 hours the next I get 1 hour and then I get 2 or 3 hours
I just wish I could talk to someone face to face about this and ask the questions like can I beat it without meds what is the usual problems people face going cold turkey

I know many of you have put up with it for years and probably think oh shes lucky on a little while but I just feel I need answers and all the doc wants is to put me on tablets and anything I have taken lately for unrelated problems has given me bad side effects.

This forum is the reason I am able to manage the panic attacks better from all the tips on here :)

I have filled out a questionnaire about needing 1 to 1 help on the west essex mind website but I'm guessing it will take a while to get back to me
I don't expect a miracle cure but I do feel that there's a lack of help out there in the community
Any feedback will much appreciated :weep:
Frosty x

Tufty
26-02-13, 20:27
Hello Frosty,
It sounds like your coping with the anxiety well considering it's only been 12 days, it's scariest at the beginning when you don't understand what's happening, at least you have insight into what's wrong.
Unfortunately no one is going to be able to tell you when you will get better and if it will be quicker with medication. All you can be sure of is that you will get better, with or without medication panic attacks do not last forever - like you say you're getting fed up and worn out. Have you considered having something to help you sleep? Everything seems better after a good nights sleep.
Take care
Sam

Tessar
26-02-13, 20:43
Hey frosty, I'm not an expert with panic attacks but if I were to think of the worst moments I've had then it must be pretty darned scary to experience. Like tufts says, it sounds like you are dog well. Good on you for reading up about helpful techniques. It does help enormously to understand what is happening and from what I have read on this site, the information is very informative and helpful. I'm really pleased you found this site because there are lots very knowledgable people on here. Also they will feel like your friends because everyone is very understanding and so lovely that you will certainly be well supported. Lets hope your appointment comes through soon and meanwhile you are right that this site is going to help you.

lashes
26-02-13, 20:46
Have you thought about cbt ?im having my second session tomorrow and its helping me x

frosty2901
26-02-13, 21:03
Thanks tufty

I have tried kalms sleep but they made me feel strange and I know no one can give me defiant answers I'm just getting angry by the brick walls that all keep popping up its not so much the panic attacks that bother me know because I know they will pass eventually its more the constant anxiety that's marketing my body buzz all the time that's getting to me as I tried to explain it to my oh my body thinks its constantly running a marathon and for someone who doesn't excersise much normally you can guess how my body's reacting to it

The constant shakes the dry zingy mouth noisey stomach palpitations aches in chest and upper arms no appetite or desire to eat lack of sleep this is going on for at least half the day yes it is getting a bit better but each time it comes it drags you back down you can get away from it for a little while then its back and your body thinks oh here we go again when's it going to end this time

Any way thanks for the encouragement frosty x

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Lashes
in waiting to hear back about hopefully getting cbt but when you don't know when or where there's only so many days you can say oh maybe I will hear tomorrow I have heard and seen some great testimonials about it on here so far

Have you tried it ?
Thanks frostyx

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

Thanks for your kind comment tessar

Yes this is a lovely place and very helpful people I don't know where I would be If I hadn't found it last week

Frosty x

frosty2901
27-02-13, 16:38
hi all
i must admit i have felt a bit better today and am trying to keep my mind a bit more occupied but i know its going to be a long road and i mustnot get to far ahead of my self as i will only crash and burn but it is just annoying as you all will know but maybe just maybe i can come out of this the other side :unsure: the worst time for me is the evening so now the hard work begins

thanks frosty x