PDA

View Full Version : Full of gas

Orange Lightning
26-02-13, 20:10
Yuck, what a horrible, persistent feeling. I feel like I'm full of gas all over my body, and it's causing me pain too. It's mostly in my chest, but also in my neck, bottom of my ribs and even in my arms somehow! My usual Gaviscon Advance does nothing for it, but it can cause me a good deal of pain on my lower-right ribs when I stand up or move around so it has me freaked out because it feels like a heart flutter (although my heart checked out clear recently). Any ideas what it could be? ^^;

nomorepanic
26-02-13, 21:06
You may need something like Omeprazole but you would need to check you can take it.

Maybe a good burp would help - try some tonic water.

You could also be air swallowing

Orange Lightning
27-02-13, 17:46
You may need something like Omeprazole but you would need to check you can take it.

Maybe a good burp would help - try some tonic water.

You could also be air swallowing

Yeah I've tried that and Lansoprazole in the past, as well as Gaviscon Advance and Motilium. None of them can get rid of what I have, in fact they seem to make me more nauseous on top of it all. :(

nomorepanic
27-02-13, 17:49
Ok maybe air swallowing then?

AuntieMoosie
27-02-13, 18:08
I sometimes get full of gas too.

I do think mine is somehow related to how anxious I am though cos it's always worse then? Not sure if it's where the bowel goes into action when I'm anxious or whether I'm swallowing air too? I find eating a slice of bread or toast helps me, not sure why, perhaps the bread absorbs the gas or something?? :)

Orange Lightning
28-02-13, 21:32
Ok maybe air swallowing then?

Possibly, although today I am considerably worse after my hypnotherapy session. The entire lower/central abdomen is in pain.and I can't pass gas or poo. It's horrid; I hope nothing's blocked in there! Can my upcoming endoscopy find out the cause?

Orange Lightning
01-03-13, 09:57
Sorry to double post but I seem to finally have an answer to my woes. My appendix is going to be removed today after suffering a bad night of lower right/central ab and chest pain. Glad to FINALLY know I wasn't crazy, and that not all my problems were "in my head.!" Will make a new post when I'm cleared by hospitap tonight.

RVP
01-03-13, 17:14
I was getting pain around my heart last night, I farted..and guess what? the pain went. Gas is our main enemy :P