PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Laura

Lauraa
26-02-13, 20:51
Hi, my name is Laura. I'm 16 years old and have low self-esteem which I have suffered with all of my life.

I don't have many friends and I live in a rural place near Lincoln so it's difficult to go out and meet new people. I don't have the confidence to go out anyway.

My only friend is about to go to college while I stay on at sixth form. Basically I'm here to meet new people and help my self-esteem.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

Annie0904
26-02-13, 20:52
Hi Laura :welcome:

Lauraa
26-02-13, 20:54
Hi Laura :welcome:
Hi Annie :)

nomorepanic
26-02-13, 21:01
Hi Lauraa

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Catherine84
26-02-13, 21:03
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the site :welcome:

I too am new to this forum and have already met lots of like minded people - you are not alone :hugs:

Catherine x

Tessar
26-02-13, 21:09
Hi Laura. I'm sorry you are feeling down. It's very difficult when you are suffering with low self-esteem. I don't know why, but I feel you are a kind person. Must be my female intuition. I wonder if you have any opportunity to see a school counsellor or if they do mentoring? I don't know if that's what happens in schools these days (or rather I should say sixth form) it's just it was a lifetime ago when I left school and I would imagine things have changed since then as it was the dark ages (well, not quite but when I look back sometimes it feels that way!).
Actually, on a more sensible note, there are some good books about self esteem and also probably some websites which have tips and also would provide an insight into the issue.
The good thing is that you can change the situation for the better. If you like I could have a look for you?? Let me know if you've had any recommendations already as that sort thing is really helpful.
I wasn't particularly confident at your age and I was terribly self-conscious and shy. For me, playing sport helped to bring me out of my shell. I loved hockey and football and from playing them I became more sociable and made friends with some people too.
Do you have any interests like that? Or maybe there are clubs or groups to do with school that might link you up in some way similar to this?
Well, Laura, I'll be interested to hear from you again and well done for registering on here because there are lots of lively people in this site who will be very happy to help you.

Daisy Sue
26-02-13, 21:36
Hi Laura, welcome to the forum :)

oh no_1
26-02-13, 21:53
hi laura
welcome to the site
i was shy and no confidence and low self esteem at your age....
u like dancing or anything like that?

Mark13
26-02-13, 23:08
Hi. Welcome aboard Laura. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

TrinaMarie
27-02-13, 17:14
First day on the job here. I do hope that this is a good place for you and you meet many people to help you through each day. Low self-esteem is hard to break up with. It clings on like a tight sweater. (good lord I remember those days in school) Best advice I was ever given was take each day as it comes and tackle each hurdle at your own pace. It is not easy, but worth it in the end. I do hope that you will soon find some freedom to explore life outside the box. Always wish you the best Laura! Enjoy the moments of each day...as peeking around the corner is cheating..:0