PDA

View Full Version : Numbness and tingling anyone? plz

xBettyBoopx
26-02-13, 21:40
I don't know what's going on in my body but my left arm keeps feeling numb then tingly n back to numb again. Tried not to panic but then different parts of my body felt the same, now even the top of my head and forehead feels numb!

I don't have ms fear, so what could it be? Top of head numbness sounds weird but it's scaring me.

Does anyone else have this with nerves/fear?

I would appreciate it if you could tell me because I'm really scared as to what it is, keep looking in Dr Claire Weekes' books for anything can only find pins and needs in hands.

Please answer if you know what I'm talking about. How does anyone make a distinction between what's real and what's 'nerves'?

Betty
xxx

rcs
26-02-13, 23:56
Yes i get strange tingling sensations in my arms and legs and headaches which can be very distracting as i go into a trance like state ie feelings of unreality and find my concentration and memory can be even worse than usual and then i eventually i feel a bit better, i also get tinnitus and even sore legs and back during these anxiety attacks.
I have been having these symptoms for 2 months now on and off and from what i can gather it is an increase in adrenaline (fight or flight) brought on by my anxiety condition and can happen in the most random situations i guess thats why they call it generalised anxiety disorder it does not need to be stressful situation but it still worries me sometimes.
If you are taking meds like me 20mg citalopram this can help with some of the symptoms but in times if extreme anxiety i don't think they make much difference.
These physical symptoms can be as horrible as the mental ones and worrying about them can cause you health anxiety ie your anxiety is giving you a physical illness .
I try to exercise to alleviate these symptoms or use breathing and relaxation techniques or even a boiling hot shower. Doctors can perscribe beta-blockers (Propranolol) which can allegedly ease symptoms.
I think the general consensus is you have to put up with these sensations and try not to dwell on them too much and eventually they will pass.

Take Care Hope you feel better soon...