PDA

View Full Version : New here…hello

acam
26-02-13, 22:19
Hi everyone. My names Allie. I'm a 23 year old student living in Bayonne, NJ. I have been dealing with anxiety since I was about 13 or 14 years old. Through out the years I have been on and off medications/in and out of therapy but have yet to find a "cure" that will keep my mood leveled for an extended period of time. The past few years my anxiety has been a consistent part of my every day life but wasn't to the point where it was hindering my ability to function (not completely at least). It kind of became something I got used to and even poked fun at to myself and friends. I guess you can say I began "owning" it. Unfortunately, in the past few months it has become less of a quirk and more of a paralyzing insecurity out to ruin my very existence. :scared15: Anyways…my new therapist who I have been going to for about 2 months now is suggesting I go back on medication. Since I haven't been on a long term med in a while and have only been using Xanax when the anxiety struck…I am a little hesitant. I feel kind of alone about the whole issue and am starting to even distrust my therapist so after bopping around these forums for a little while I decided that joining might be a good thing to do. Anyways, hello all!

nomorepanic
26-02-13, 22:29
Hi acam

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Daisy Sue
26-02-13, 22:37
Hi Acam, & welcome :)

Mark13
26-02-13, 23:06
Hello and :welcome:to the forum, Allie.