PDA

View Full Version : hello i'm new too!

foreverhopeful
26-02-13, 22:22
hi everyone,

my name's vicki, and i get panic attacks quite often and have done for about 4 years or so. i used to have a really hard time even finding the motivation to get up and go to school, two years ago in the summer holiday i just didn't leave my house because i was just so scared all the time. i used to self harm pretty regularly too.

but things got better since then, and now i'm at uni, which is all new and scary and something i never ever thought i'd be able to do in a million years. it's so far out of my comfort zone that some days i find it kinda difficult to do even the simplest thing and walk down the road to my lectures, and currently i'm having a little bit of a struggle and i came across this website by chance and it's just so nice to finally be able to talk to people who actually understand everything rather than just telling you to get over it!

i feel like i'm falling into the same pattern as i was before i managed to gain some control over my life again, so i hoped maybe being able to talk about it would help :)

so yeah, that's me, thank you for reading and it's great to be part of your community! <3

nomorepanic
26-02-13, 22:33
Hi foreverhopeful

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mark13
26-02-13, 23:07
Hi Vicki. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined. There's plenty of advice and support here. You're not alone. All the best.

Baggs
28-02-13, 09:28
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Arnie365
01-03-13, 10:25
Welcome to NMP.

Alexander25
02-03-13, 08:01
:welcome: in this forum.Hope for a nice time