PDA

View Full Version : scared I have cancer.

Eek
27-02-13, 01:53
I'm terrified at the moment. I've been having weird periods and night sweats for a few months but this month I'm on day 8 of my period and still bleeding. I'm having a pelvic ultrasound next week and have had blood tests done to test for ovarian cancer but won't get the results until my gynae appointment in two weeks. I'm terrified it's cancer. Night sweats are a symptom of cancer and my gynae said if it was perimenopause then I'd have hot flushes during the day too so he doesn't think the night sweats are hormonal.

I just know I have cancer and that this is it. Why did this have to happen now? I'm so scared i just want to throw myself down and cry.

cbornet
27-02-13, 06:20
Hey. Try not to worry so much. I know thats way easier said than done. I worry all the time about cancer. But, sometimes I try and just take a step back and think about what I probably really have, something annoying but harmless, not something serious. You dont have cancer. Dont worry. You would be amazed at how worrying and anxiety mess with your body. They can cause the weirdest and scariest symptoms. Dont Google anything :p

cattia
27-02-13, 07:39
What age are you if you don't mind me asking? Your periods can change a lot as you get older, hormonal changes are almost certainly at the root of menstrual changes my periods used to be really short but since having my children they go on for seven or eight days and are far heavier. They also stop half way through then come back again. Your doctor might give you progesterone to shorten them, I am trying natural progesterone cream to sort mine out.

Eek
28-02-13, 00:57
Cattia I'm 48 but my gynae said it wasn't hormonal so I don't know what to think :( I'm really scared as I'm on day 9 of my period now and am still bleeding. I'm so certain I have cancer.

Poopsi
28-02-13, 02:39
That happened to my mom too, she would have her period for like 3 weeks. It started when she was about 50, we all thought it was menopause but her numbers didn't show menopause. But they couldn't figure out what it was for a few months and then the figured out it was menopause when they tested her again a few months later!