PDA

View Full Version : palpatations while at rest!!

kelly12
27-02-13, 09:15
Hi Everyone,

Any one experience or know about having palpatations while just resting/lying in bed etc as these have only just started with me in the last few days and Im a bit worried as im feeling carm and there is no anxiety but im feeling flutters and fast heart rate and then that starts me feeling anxious then!??:unsure:

Annie0904
27-02-13, 09:19
This happens to me all the time, the anxiety can be lurking there even when we think it isn't x

mrsnobody
01-03-13, 09:40
i get this all the time. iam lying down then for no reason my heart beats so fast. i have ended up in a and e loads of times with normal ecgs etc untill 4 weeks ago, when i was admited to the hdu until at the hospital. i was having one of my episodes where i get d and v, fast heart rate and rush off to hospital. this time a nurse seen my heart racing on the monitor at 170+ beats per minute. ecg - normal, eco scan- normal , 24 hr tape- 1 ectopic beat etc. i dont know whats causing this but i get realy scared

Rennie1989
01-03-13, 09:58
All the time, feels like massive flutters and thumps. I've had two ECG's for my palpatations and they've both come back fine (have you ever got yours seen by a doctor?). If you ever get a palpatation if you cough it brings your heart rate back to normal, I read that somewhere and it works every time :)

Arnie365
01-03-13, 10:36
Yep frequently. Anxiety sits in your sub conscious so it's there ready to trigger symptoms even when you don't feel anxious. This makes health anxiety worse in many ways. I struggled to accept for months that my heart was ok given I was getting lots of chest pains even when I felt fine. This made me think it couldn't possibly be anxiety and had to be my heart. It took a lot of educating myself to understand how anxiety lurks in your mind and how your own thinking patterns make it worse. Cbt has been the biggest help for me overcoming negative thinking patterns. Have you given it a try?

mrsnobody
01-03-13, 16:42
iam trying to get on a cbt course, been refered to first steps????. i find it so hard trusting doctors, even though they say that the funny heart beats are normal they dont seem it when your having them. iam trying to think postive but when you vomit on/off for no reason and have these beats the worries come through

Typer
01-03-13, 19:23
try not to lie on your left side which will help. have you read my thread? and, could this be you?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131023

mrsnobody
01-03-13, 21:31
i carnt access the link as iam not on facebook. please could you sent me advice on here if possible. i would be realy gratefull