PDA

View Full Version : Back after 4yrs anxiety/scared to go out

jocutts
27-02-13, 11:46
Hi all , after 4yrs of being anxiety free I have gone right back to where I was after a chest infection at Xmas.Anxiety is sort of manageable with propranalol but still scared of leaving the house.....However this morning I put my coat on and drove to docs to pick prescription up and then just drove to a local retail park and bought gifts for my husband and children sort of to prove to them I had done it!!!
I don't feel any better for doing it but no worse either, I suppose I have to go out everyday for a while to make a difference to my negative thinking and to prove to myself nothing bad happens when I am out.
Just want to feel normal and well again..xxx

Annie0904
27-02-13, 11:51
Well done on getting to the shops this morning :yesyes: I had been anxiety free for a few years until an accident triggered it again. If we have beat it before we can beat it again!

nomorepanic
27-02-13, 11:58
Hi jocutts

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

jocutts
27-02-13, 12:56
Thanks both.xx

impulse81
27-02-13, 13:01
I think anxiety is something we learn to cope with,as we know it can come and go when it wants,as long as I'm not suffering I can deal with it,I've come to terms the fact anxiety is part of my life,but I'm in control xx