PDA

View Full Version : Just had ultrasound scan

maybrooke
27-02-13, 15:50
I've just had my scan , I asked the radiographer if she could see anything she said she could see gallstones , I asked her if she could see anything sinister she said she couldn't, but had to send report back to dr for my results , she kept taking photos of different parts & measuring them, does anybody know if this is routine? And do you think she would of told me if she could see anything sinister when I asked? HATE HEALTH ANXIETY : (

Annie0904
27-02-13, 16:11
She didn't have to tell you anything but she told you she could see gall stones. I am sure she would never have told you that if she could see worse. I also had a scan that showed gall stones and I am sure the photos etc. are routine as the consultant will want some idea of the size of the gall stones. :)

illgetthere
27-02-13, 16:25
I just had a barium swallow and I asked if it looked ok she said I got to pass the results to the doctor didn't say nothing else :( x

Annie0904
27-02-13, 16:27
Most of them won't say anything so I wouldn't worry. The doctor has to look at it and give the results.

maybrooke
27-02-13, 16:31
Thanks Annie, think they were taking photos of my liver & kidneys, just hope it is just gallstones , did you have your gallbladder removed Annie? X x

Annie0904
27-02-13, 16:33
They scan the whole area to see if any of the stones have 'migrated'. Yes I have had mine removed. They did it with keyhole surgery.

maybrooke
27-02-13, 16:34
Illgetthere what was your scan for? I think some radiographers are not allowed to comment even if theirs nothing to report, so try not to worry, I know its hard x x

Annie0904
27-02-13, 16:36
The radiographer told me I had gallstones but when I had the barium they said they couldn't tell me anything. There was nothing wrong when I saw the consultant for the results.

illgetthere
27-02-13, 16:40
Mine was for acid and I've just googled images and worried now I wasn't till I had a look now I scared x

Annie0904
27-02-13, 16:43
NEVER TRUST DR GOOGLE!!! :D Google always comes up with the worst scenarios. When will you get the results? Try not to worry and don't google anymore :D

illgetthere
27-02-13, 16:55
I got to wait 10 days gor the results I had blood test not so long ago would that show anything bad? Why did I do it thinking all things now x

Annie0904
27-02-13, 16:58
It depend what the blood tests were for but I am sure they would have shown anything bad. Also I am sure they would have sorted the results quicker than 10 days if it was bad. :hugs::hugs: