PDA

View Full Version : Sinus or Tension Headache ?

puppyskin
27-02-13, 16:24
had this headache for 2 days now,pressure in forehead,pain behind eyes,sides of the neck,pain in left ear behind nose,foggy head,but no nasal discharge or stuffy nose,kinda feels like sinus but i'm not sure.anyone any ideas?oh and just getting over chest infection...

Annie0904
27-02-13, 16:26
Try putting a hot water bottle or microwavable heat bag on your head or face. Also try steam inhalation with a few menthol crystals. It may help to relieve it.

puppyskin
27-02-13, 18:17
thanks annie,does it sound like sinus ?

Annie0904
27-02-13, 18:18
It does...what I get is very similar.

puppyskin
27-02-13, 18:23
there's kind of a gnawing pain which is hard to pinpoint..

Annie0904
27-02-13, 18:28
Mine is quite bad tonight. The trouble is I can't take things like sudafed as it interacts with my meds so the steam inhalation and alternating hot and cold compresses is all that I can do.

xtremx
27-02-13, 18:31
Hi puppyskin.

I get the very same thing and what I use is Tiger Balm (white) asda sell it cheap... and here is how to use it http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7669482_use-tiger-balm-sinus-problems.html

But if you don't have any normal vickes vapour rub will do the same thing it is not as strong but it will do.

When I use tiger balm I find in 30 mins my headache has gone and sinus is clear.
My headaches range from a normal right to a crushing pain like in a vice... Pain around the eye left side only and eyebrow will be tender to touch..

:hugs:

Annie0904
27-02-13, 18:37
Hi puppyskin.

I get the very same thing and what I use is Tiger Balm (white) asda sell it cheap... and here is how to use it http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_7669482_use-tiger-balm-sinus-problems.html

But if you don't have any normal vickes vapour rub will do the same thing it is not as strong but it will do.

When I use tiger balm I find in 30 mins my headache has gone and sinus is clear.
My headaches range from a normal right to a crushing pain like in a vice... Pain around the eye left side only and eyebrow will be tender to touch..

:hugs:

I think I will give it a try too..thank you

puppyskin
27-02-13, 19:16
Thanks guys,just rushed out to buy tiger balm..haha...is it unusual to not have any nasal symptoms though ?

Annie0904
27-02-13, 19:17
No it isn't, the sides of my nose hurt but that's all.

xtremx
27-02-13, 19:29
Thanks guys,just rushed out to buy tiger balm..haha...is it unusual to not have any nasal symptoms though ?

Are yes it can be as our sinuses branch out like a butterfly across our face you can get a sinus irritation in any area and it does not have to mean runny nose and sneezing.

Also if you find that the are effected is mainly on one side it could be muscle tension from teeth clenching...

But you should see a lot of relief using the tiger balm..:)

RVP
28-02-13, 11:03
I've had a pressure headache for over a month now, everyday. It's mainly on the right side of my head temple area and sometimes very rarely on the left. I don't have a runny nose or anything but when I went to the doctor she said my throat was red and I had gatar in my right ear so she's given me a nasal spray, hopefully that'll clear it up if it is sinus or allergies.

puppyskin
28-02-13, 11:50
hi,thanks for that its just really annoying more than anything,what nasal spray do you use?

Annie0904
28-02-13, 12:37
I use beconase nasal spray

puppyskin
28-02-13, 16:14
i have that too but they said it takes a while to work.

RVP
28-02-13, 19:28
Yes that's the exact same one I've been using for a little over a week now, about 9 days and It hasn't made any improvements to the pressure in my head. Doctor said too take it for 4 weeks.

puppyskin
28-02-13, 19:51
Yes that's the exact same one I've been using for a little over a week now, about 9 days and It hasn't made any improvements to the pressure in my head. Doctor said too take it for 4 weeks.
Hi RVP,do you have any nasal symptoms? i worry because i don't and the top of my neck hurts too..

RVP
28-02-13, 20:07
No I don't have any nasal symptoms, no runny nose or anything like that. Just head pressure, and sometimes it'll throb or move to my eyes like a tension headache.

puppyskin
28-02-13, 20:12
No I don't have any nasal symptoms, no runny nose or anything like that. Just head pressure, and sometimes it'll throb or move to my eyes like a tension headache.
It's hard to tell the difference really between sinus and tension if you have no nasal symptoms :unsure:

RVP
28-02-13, 22:48
Yeah, that's true..
I do get a bungy blocked(ish) nose from time to time, but I certainly wouldn't class that as sinus.
I have a hospital appointment for a regular check up tomorrow with a professor so I'll ask him what's going on in my head :P

edit: I also get twitching from time to time not at the minute if that helps with anything you're going through, just above the ear.

puppyskin
28-02-13, 23:20
Hope it goes well,....i get a twitchy eye lid,maybe its all muscular. i kinda feel stuffed up after using the nasal spray.

RVP
28-02-13, 23:24
Hope it goes well,....i get a twitchy eye lid,maybe its all muscular. i kinda feel stuffed up after using the nasal spray.

Yes! I used to get twitchy eyelid too, but that has died down.
I have to admit now that you have said that after using the spray I feel as if I'm worse :P