PDA

View Full Version : Nice to know we're not alone isnt it

rosalena
27-02-13, 16:30
I always think anxiety/panic and phobias can make people very lonely. Just reading on the forum, its amazing how many like minded people there are! I dont know many people generally so I'm a bit lonely anyway, without worries adding to it. It would be good if there was a facebook page for people to make new friends (would have to be set to secret to protect people though, not everyone wants the neighbours knowing their business!). I wish I could be 'normal', but Ive come to the conclusion that I need to carry on doing my own things I enjoy (family history research, reading, shopping, learning tarot cards) and try not to get too deep in my head over things. Suppose we cant all be the same, it just seems like everyone else in my area and city 'fits in'.

AuntieMoosie
27-02-13, 17:12
Hello rosalena :)

Yes I think it's a wonderful comfort to know that we're not on our own :)

There are some truly wonderful people here and I'm sure you will make new friends :hugs:

Mark13
27-02-13, 17:56
rosalina

I've come to the conclusion that "normal" is over-rated :)

Normal is just "fitting in" like you say, but that's doing what people expect you to. If it's not you to do these things then you shouldn't do them.

I've never considered myself normal in any way. I was always a loner, happier with one good friend that I could trust rather than a group (although I did go out in a group on occasion).

It may sound a little glib, but life, for me, is just doing what makes you feel good without hurting others.

There so much you can't control in life, it makes sense to get as much pleasure as you can from those things that you can control :)

Jo_anna
27-02-13, 19:23
I agree being normal is boring! It's our quirks people remember and we are all strong people for what we're going through and been through!

No one is normal.. Technically bright sparks are abnormal but you don't see anyone discriminating them too often. Everyone has problems.

I am so happy I have this forum to let me know I am not alone and to get help when I feel all hope is lost :)

rosalena
15-03-13, 18:28
Hi all. Im a loner too Mark, and Im just starting to realise that its ok. Society doesnt expect it though which makes it hard. I wish I lived near you people!! :)

Angelica
15-03-13, 23:25
Hi,

I understand how you all feel, I am a loner too,you end up loosing alot of friends, I have had a bad 2 weeks my anxiety has been really bad, went to the doc got low blood sugar, heartburn..I know friends and family just don't understand the disorder,they say go get a hobby or something and stop worrying about things.. I am working through it like I always have, I have been suffering from this for 20yrs.. I wish we could form a group and meet up but I live in Aust... Anyway al least we can talk here...
:hugs: :)

ian hall
16-03-13, 09:15
I always think anxiety/panic and phobias can make people very lonely. Just reading on the forum, its amazing how many like minded people there are! I dont know many people generally so I'm a bit lonely anyway, without worries adding to it. It would be good if there was a facebook page for people to make new friends (would have to be set to secret to protect people though, not everyone wants the neighbours knowing their business!). I wish I could be 'normal', but Ive come to the conclusion that I need to carry on doing my own things I enjoy (family history research, reading, shopping, learning tarot cards) and try not to get too deep in my head over things. Suppose we cant all be the same, it just seems like everyone else in my area and city 'fits in'.
take it from me you are normal ,