PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

glanford
09-09-06, 11:47
Hi there hope u are all well

I have had agrophobic episodes and spells of anxiety since I was 8 or 9.
I am married with children, work full time and have been through University and post grad.

Currently having a bad spell and considering changing jobs or just quitting. I've had CBT from which I have learned a lot. But it doesn't help when things are really bad.

Exercise (jogging and swimming) seem to help me to come through these phases but it can take months to get back to normal ..whatever that is!

manmoor
09-09-06, 11:50
Hi Glanford,

A big warm welcome to you. You've come to the right place for support.

Take Care

Mandyxx

lainey
09-09-06, 12:07
Hi there

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get loads fo help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

Granny Primark
09-09-06, 13:29
hi glanford,

Welcome.
Glad you found this brilliant site.
I really understand what you said about whatever normal is.
We all learn to cope with the pressures and stresses of everyday life the best we can but there comes a time when your mind and body cant cope anymore.
Im certain that excercise helps. Also eating more healthily.
But the thing that has helped me the most is finding this site and making friends with the people who use this site.
I have been given so much support, advice and encouragement that at last i am being to venture out and do the normal everyday things i used to take for granted.
I hope you begin to feel more positive.

Take care
LYNN xx

redbaron
09-09-06, 14:06
Hi glandford

welcome, it's a long process but it looks like you've already got some good ideas to get you started and help, we all have to figure out what's a good trigger for us just as we know we have to try to avoid the bad ones.

I hope you'll find many more ideas and help here.

Dom x

If what doesn't kill us makes us stronger it's a pretty fair bet it's going to hurt.

net
09-09-06, 15:23
welcome to the forum

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

sjcoul
09-09-06, 17:39
Hi everyone, I am not sure if I am using this forum correctly, but wanted to have a go as not used before. My name is Sarah. I have had anxiety since about the age of 10. My anxiety started from upbringing which has drastically affected my teens and adult life. Not 40 do work but travelling difficult and lots of restrictions in my life which do make me feel lonely and isolated which I am grateful for the start of getting to know this site.[^]

Lindalou64
09-09-06, 18:23
hi glanford your doing great from what u posted with agraphobia i have it think of the good things you can do thats a biggie for agraphobics..give ya self credit hun u be ok u will.....remember its just neg feelings we need to just go with them and they pass you know that i know its scrary and sucks what is normal we are ..lol....we are strong people believe it or not ....not too many could do this but you can....best to ya.................tc xxLinda[8D]

mad_shell66
09-09-06, 18:39
welcome to no more panic
shell xx

ceecee
09-09-06, 19:13
hi welcome to the forum
take care rachel x

sjcoul
09-09-06, 22:07
Thanks for welcome. Does anyone meet other people with panic? Know that can be difficult in its self, but wondered if any of you had done that? Loneliness with this can be horrible.

polly daydream
09-09-06, 22:45
Hi Glanford and welcome to the forum.

Take care,

Polly

trac67
10-09-06, 20:57
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jill
10-09-06, 23:38
Hi Glanford

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

nomorepanic
11-09-06, 19:11
Hi Glanford

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you

Nicola