PDA

View Full Version : Red rash on Penis Head need help?

HelpMePlease
27-02-13, 17:55
The other day when getting out of the shower I noticed a small red rash on the head of my penis. 2 days have passed and its still there. I have been with my gf for 2 years now and we can eliminate STD's, and there not spots. I don't mind uploading a photo for a better analysis and would like if someone could help me.

Cheers

AuntieMoosie
27-02-13, 18:13
I rather think it may be better not to upload a photo as we're on an open forum.

It could be a number of things really. You may have a slight infection with thrush, not common in men, but they can get it sometimes.

If it's itchy you could pop to the chemist and get some Cannesten cream, sorry not to sure how to spell that, but that's how it sounds anyway. Cannesten is really good for clearing up thrush and for stopping the itching.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ingenious
27-02-13, 19:45
If you have a local NHS GUM clinic you can also pop in there, they're brilliant, some don't even need an appointment and they will test you for everything. I agree with AuntieMoosie in that if you can rule out an STD then thrush could be likely. We all carry it to some degree and it can flare up in either partner, sometimes brought on by stress or antibiotics etc. The GUM clinic or your GP would be likely to suggest canneston or a generic anti-fungal creme. Sometimes washing with saline solution (salty water) can also work.

However if this is thrush then both of you need to be checked out and treated otherwise you could just pass it between yourselves.

But please do get this looked at by a professional, your man sausage is not something to self diagnose :)

steveo
27-02-13, 20:44
Absolutely totally agree with Ingenious here.
From one man to another... It just sounds like Thrush. Absolutely nothing to worry about what so ever. I get it from time to time when I'm very stressed of unwell or sometimes on a dose of Anti Biotics.
Nothing to worry about. I suggest always seeing a GP or going to the local GUM clinic though if you are worried as no one on here can really give medical advice.

It really shouldn't be anything to worry about though. And yes... Don't Self Diagnose! EVER! Rule of Thumb.

Alexander25
28-02-13, 06:11
If you don't feel any pain from that rashes or any sore type thing than its not an STD.Because when you have any std you feel the pain and painful sore come out of it.