PDA

View Full Version : New with stomach issues.

traceace
27-02-13, 18:28
I've been having a lot of pain lately with eating. It's often like a band across my ribs, either my left side hurts or my right, often going into my back. I gave my doctor a call and he wants to set up an endoscopy. All should be OK, right?

Except I'm a right mess right now. He thinks I may have ulcers, which I would be fine with, but I'm taking this fear and running with it. I've had a lot of stomach fears before, and to say the least this pain especially has set off my fear of pancreatitis.

So my question is, have any of you had an ulcer before? Can you describe how you felt? Was the pain sharp? Because that's what's getting to me - many sites describe it as burning but when I get the pain it's pretty noticeable and sometimes goes to my back. I'm also so nauseous. I started taking prilosec yesterday and I have no idea when that'll kick in. :scared15:

anxietyoverload
27-02-13, 18:38
Iv had all these before when I had 6 month bout of indegestion! It was awful!

maybrooke
27-02-13, 18:45
Hiya it sounds the same as I've got, I've been for an ultrasound scan today & they said I had gallstones , I had pain mainly on my right side upper stomach, that sometimes went into my upper back, I've noticed if I prod that area it's very tender, also if I sleep on my front it hurts it that area.

traceace
27-02-13, 19:13
Hiya it sounds the same as I've got, I've been for an ultrasound scan today & they said I had gallstones , I had pain mainly on my right side upper stomach, that sometimes went into my upper back, I've noticed if I prod that area it's very tender, also if I sleep on my front it hurts it that area.

Gallbladder is out so that's one thing off the checklist of crap it could be. But yes, the pain is quite like that sometimes. I'm slowly getting through lunch but it is a huge challenge. Lots of burping and such. I'm hoping the nausea is because I have been so anxious lately but you know how the mind works. :(

maybrooke
27-02-13, 19:34
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, anxiety comes in all sorts of symptoms : ( hope you get sorted soon , keep me updated x x