PDA

View Full Version : hi my names danielle

ddonaghey1989
27-02-13, 21:33
Hello everyone hope use are well.
Ive been suffering with vertigo constantly for 8 weeks and i now think its going on this long due to anxiety. Im 23 with 3 children under 4 Which is stressful bt i enjoy it. Bt then i became sick and thought it was my inner ear causing me the vertigo and now im not sure. The doctor gave me beta blockers to take but its nearly sedating me i cnt function on it so im just taking 10mg before bed. Id love to speak to one of you who have been diagnosed with GAD to see if you think i may have it too. Drs dont have the time to talk to ne and im now considering an antidepressant.

nomorepanic
27-02-13, 21:44
Hi ddonaghey1989

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

xtremx
27-02-13, 22:17
Welcome to NMP.

We all share something in common we are here for that reason to see we all get over or issues.

So again welcome

chicaplatense
27-02-13, 22:37
Hi Danielle,
I suffered with vertigo for 10 months and that's how my Panic really started. However the vertigo was real and was due to muscle strain on my neck. I tried medication for ear infections, MRI's all kinds of things. But it ended up being from strain in my neck muscles at least in my case. The back of my neck really hurt as well as my shoulders and I felt like everything was moving, like walking on a ship. I had to hold on to walls as not to fall. I ended up having to quit my job as it consisted of carrying heavy kukui nut necklaces hanging on my forearms all day which resulted in a repeated strain of my neck and shoulder muscles. My ears were plugged and hurt also because my muscles in my beck were so swollen that were pushing against my ear canal. I also had strange sensations in the back of my head. It finally went away when I took valium prescribed by my doctor to relax the muscles and and anti inflammatory medication for like 4 weeks. I felt much better after that but it took about a whole year for it to completely go away and every time I would feel a little off balance it would trigger a Panic Attack. So now I am left to deal with Panic Disorder but at least I am not dizzy anymore. I never thought I would get better from my vertigo but I did and I am sure you will too. Something tells me that even though I feel like I will never get better from my Panic Disorder we will all get better from it also, just like this vertigo thing. Do some reading and consult a doctor but ultimately you know your body best. Most likely it is something small and simple that your doctor has overlooked. However I do understand that you panic when you feel dizzy, I did too and it is not a pleasant feeling, but the vertigo is just a stage you are going through and it will go away....

Baggs
28-02-13, 09:25
Welcome to the site. I hope you find as much help as I have. I wish you all the best.

Baggs

Mark13
28-02-13, 17:34
Hello Danielle and welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

EmilyAda
06-03-13, 08:52
Hi there & welcome

I suffered with vertigo 5 years ago, all due to the stress of moving house, this caused dizzy spells & panic attacks, my doc was great she listend & we got it sorted with a course of 2 wk tabs - cant remeber name sorry - go back & ask for 2nd opinion that could be all it is - ask/accept some help with kids just for an hour will help - wishing you well xx:flowers: