PDA

View Full Version : Is this a panic attack ?

lashes
27-02-13, 22:17
Hiya everyone I suffer with panic attacks and I know my triggers im not someone that has them at home its always been whilst out and have had many but recently when I do not think I am anxious or in a place that makes me anxious such as at home i have this funny turns I start going really hot and shaky inside like I'm shaking from the inside and feeling really sick and like i want to gag and it takes me a good half an hour to sort of come down from it I also feel really tired after like you do when something bad has happened and I feel panicky not in a get me out of here way like usual More in a I feel Ill way any ideas ? and just to add its happened a few times (not all the times)when people around me have said they are ill I dont know whether that's relevant ?x

Twinset
27-02-13, 22:47
Very similar to what happens to me. Started nearly 20 years ago when I was 16. Have only very rarely experienced the hyperventilating and chest pains that others describe. Mine are like yours; feeling sick, shakey, and worrying that I might be ill. Usually get them at night, or if I have plans I feel I can't cancel. I do often feel like I have to get away from a situation, hence feeling like I can't cancel an arrangement makes me panic. Hope you find support you need on here.... That's what I'm looking for on this forum (although only been a member a week so tend to read rather than post).

lashes
28-02-13, 10:21
Thanks for your reply :)yeh I don't get the hyperventilating think either mine are based around dizzyness x

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

Can anybody else help with this its happening at the moment like you can't see I'm shaking but inside I am :( x

annie.hall
28-02-13, 10:33
Hi, I'm kind of in the same situation as you. It's 5:30 AM where I live and I've had a really really rough night. I always have this feeling that I'm dying but I never do. I also feel very disconnected from reality. I don't know what to tell you other than that you're not alone and you're certainly not in danger (I wish I would believe that for myself).