PDA

View Full Version : Vivid Dreams

steveo
28-02-13, 11:32
Since this current episode of very bad anxiety started for me I've had terrible sleep problems. I understand at the start of it, I wasn't sleeping due to constant anxiety.

Since being back on medication (Citalopram and Pregabalin) I've been having pretty much full nights sleeps again. The problem is I've been VERY vividly dreaming for what seems like all night.
Whats worse is that I tend to wake up a bit early, maybe just before 7am, and try to nod off again and the dreams come back straight away. Even just while I'm trying to nod off, I am back in a dream before I'm asleep again. It's very weird because although I'm dreaming, I'm also snoring but can hear myself snore and know that I'm sort of awake and aware of my surroundings.

This symptom is rather frightening and doesn't really set me off to a good start to the day and makes me very weary of wanting to go to sleep at night.
Sometimes when I go to sleep feeling very tired, the same thing happens. I'll literally just of closed my eyes and I will start to hear voices or noises and see dreams before I'm properly asleep. It's not pleasant at all!

I also feel very very exhausted after sleeping like this.

I'm aware that my medication may be having a bit part in this as well as my underlying anxiety as I am still very unwell and only just starting to leave the house slightly after almost 2 months of being housebound.

Can anyone else relate to anything I'm saying here or prehaps have any answers for me?

many thanks

Steven

nicola1980
28-02-13, 11:55
Hi im suffering really vivid dreams at the min, more so since i increased my meds, venlafaxine, sometimes they really freak me out and i wake up feeling like ive not been to sleep at all, im hoping this is a side effect and won't last!! xx

steveo
28-02-13, 12:10
I haven't had a vividly dream free night since all this began for me. I guess I can't really moan as I'm sleeping all night at least. It just takes me VERY LONG to come around each morning from them. I'm taking my meds in the morning as well as I heard taking them at night can increase it. Only problem is I'm taking one half of my Pregabin at night.
The dreams are having a direct impact on my day! Grrrrrr.